Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Billing price raised without reasoning...

New Poster

Billing price raised without reasoning...

Been with Comcast for a really long time. I moved out a couple years ago and decided to take them up as my internet provided. I was given great service and started with a rate at $49.99, this rate then changed to $59.99 and now on my 2nd year. It is up to $75/mo with no changes. I'd like a reason as to why this is? There's no changes to any of my services other than time passing. I'd like my rates to return to one of the two rates listed before this ridiculous jump to $75/mo. I refuse to continue paying at this rate with no explanation. Help me out here guys... Thanks for your assistance Alex
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Billing price raised without reasoning...

Sudden price increases usually signal the end of a promotional period, which can be written into a contract. If you go back over past bills, you'll most likely see a warning of it somewhere on the bill.  Have you lined up an old and new bill, and gone through them line by line to see where the increase comes in?  That should show you what happened.

Highlighted
Expert

@AK92 wrote:
Been with Comcast for a really long time. I moved out a couple years ago and decided to take them up as my internet provided. I was given great service and started with a rate at $49.99, this rate then changed to $59.99 and now on my 2nd year. It is up to $75/mo with no changes. I'd like a reason as to why this is? There's no changes to any of my services other than time passing. I'd like my rates to return to one of the two rates listed before this ridiculous jump to $75/mo. I refuse to continue paying at this rate with no explanation. Help me out here guys... Thanks for your assistance Alex

You were in a contract with a one year promotion.  At the end of that promotion your bill increased to $59.99.  At the end of your second year, your contract was up so your price for Internet rolled over to everyday pricing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.