Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing keeps charging me for use of my own modem. Cannot seem to fix problem

Highlighted
New Poster

Billing keeps charging me for use of my own modem. Cannot seem to fix problem

I have had this "fixed" several times already and Comcast keeps screwing it up.  They keep billing me to use my own modem.

One time they fix and credit only to have it appear on my bill again.  Now I got an email to "approve" a service change to add $11 to my bill for a modem....again.  I've wasted over an hour on multiple occasions on their errors.

I either want this fixed and I want at least a $20 service credit for all the time THEIR mistake has caused me or I will simply terminate broadband. I already have Windstream broadband as backup so I won't lose a minute of internet.

I bought my own modem (Arris) on Amazon a couple of years ago and returned theirs to the store.  Been okay for a long time then all of a sudden they must be going broke and want to steal my money by demanding I pay to rent my own modem.  You'd think that just by the info on the active modem and its serial information they would know it's not one of theirs ???   Are they really that incompetent?

New Poster

Re: Billing keeps charging me for use of my own modem. Cannot seem to fix problem

UPDATE

At the end of conversation Comcast continued to insist I am using their modem...even as I hold my purchase receipt from Amazon in my hand. They want me to make a 30 mile round trip to their store to fix their problem at MY expense. I refused. I do not work for them and fixing their mistakes is not my obligation. They entered all the info from MY modem into their system in order to activate it. They know what make, model and MAC it is so how can they be so stupid...and then expect me to waste even more time and gas to fix their problem? I have an issue with my X1 box shutting down by itself ( separate issue ) and told them when the tech comes he can look at my modem and receipt and verify it does not belong to Comcast. I'm going to insist on a service credit for all their repeated billing mistakes. They claimed to fix this twice and keep returning to the same error. This the last chance. //
New Poster

Re: Billing keeps charging me for use of my own modem. Cannot seem to fix problem

A foot note.  At end of posting I got a screen asking me to take a survey.  I did...was not positive and when I clicked to submit a page came up saying.

The survey could not be submitted

LOL guess the only feed back they want is positive or none at all.  They like living with their heads in the sand

Official Employee

Hi paulckruger. We apologize for any inconvenience. I will pass along your feedback. I can assist with getting your modem status corrected as well. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Did you get your probelm resolved as they seem to have at least replied to your post?   I have having the exact same issue.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/COMCAST-claims-customer-owned-modem-is-a-rental/m-p/30...

Official Employee

@myrduende

I've replied to your thread at the link below. Please reach out at your convenience and we discuss your concerns in a private environment. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/COMCAST-claims-customer-owned-modem-is-a-rental/m-p/30... 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation