Community Forum

Billing issues

Regular Visitor

Billing issues

I called on 6/1 to get a new agreement since mine was expiring.  They provided me with the deal I was interested in for TV, internet and phone of $189 per month.  They said I would also receive the $10 discount for paperless and autopay.

Bill arrives and no $10 discount.

I did the chat today and was told that the $10 discount did not apply yet and would be on my next bill because I just signed up for autopay in May.  WRONG.  I have been on autopay for years.  I told them that and they changed their story and said that the $10 discount does not apply because I do not have a "bundle".  I have no idea what that means since I have TV, internt and phone and was told it would apply.

Chat rep then says they can find me a better deal and says I can get exact same services for $140 per month, plus fees and taxes.  I ask whether it is the exact same service and they say yes.  I ask what the fees and taxes are and after waiting for a long time, they say total bill will be $221 per month!  I ask why I would switch to pay more and they say because the internet will be faster (after just telling me it will be the exact same service).

I have a call scheduled tomorrow with customer service to try to get my promised $10 discount.

I feel like I was lied to on the phone when i signed up and then the chat rep either made a mistake or lied to me AND then tried to swindle me into changing to a higher price plan by telling me it would only be $140.

Any comcast rep like to help me understand what is going on here?

Official Employee

Re: Billing issues

Hi @soates5

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I apologize for the experience you've had while attempting to find a new promotion. I'd be more than happy to review your account and address your billing concerns. In regard to the self-service discount for EcoBill & Autopay, once you agree to a new promotion, it could take up to 45 days (the bill after the change is made) before you see the discount appear. We can discuss this in further detail in a private message. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your monthly statements. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I clicked on your name but I do not see where to click to send a message...where is the button for that after I click on your name?

Thanks
Official Employee

Ok @soates5. Can you please make sure you are signed into your account, and then after clicking on my name, you should see the button in the top right corner. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thanks for allowing me to assist you @soates5, thanks for allowing me to assist you. Let us know if there's any way we can help in the future. We value your service, take care.