Community Forum

Billing increase

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Billing increase

My monthly billing increased by almost $30.00 It has been impossible to reach Xfinity by phone or chat or any way to talk to a human.  I want to find out what caused the bill to rise and how do I reverse it

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Billing increase


@robchr wrote:

My monthly billing increased by almost $30.00 It has been impossible to reach Xfinity by phone or chat or any way to talk to a human.  I want to find out what caused the bill to rise and how do I reverse it


Comparing bills will usually tell you why you have an increase.  For the most part, when a bill increases that much it most likely means your contract ended and you're now on every day pricing.  Notice of increases are found on your billing statement a month or two before it happens.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing increase

Thank you. If it is because a contract has expired, how can I enter into a new contract.  I find it has been impossible to actually speak to a human at Comcast to answer any questions.  I have been trying for months.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Billing increase

Same happend to me and I cannot talk to anybody;  xfinity does not answer my call and chat does not work.   

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Billing increase

Hello robchr, have you been able to speak to anyone about your rate increase? If not I'd be happy to help you with finding a new deal, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and address by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing increase

ComcastAmir,

I followed your directions but I cannot find "send a message" .  So I am posting another public message in the hopes you will contact again and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Billing increase


@robchr wrote:

ComcastAmir,

I followed your directions but I cannot find "send a message" .  So I am posting another public message in the hopes you will contact again and tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thanks.


Click on this link:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6404909

That should take you to his profile page where you should see Send a message on the right.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Billing increase

Hi @ComcastAmir ,

 

Please help! My rates have increased too and I need to sort this out today. I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone. I've tried everything - phone, text, chat bot, facebook messenger -- no luck! It keeps punting me off the line or saying it will call but then bringing me back to square one.

 

I sent you a PM!

Thanks,

Sarah

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Billing increase


@Sarahohlson wrote:

Hi @ComcastAmir ,

 

Please help! My rates have increased too and I need to sort this out today. I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone. I've tried everything - phone, text, chat bot, facebook messenger -- no luck! It keeps punting me off the line or saying it will call but then bringing me back to square one.

 

I sent you a PM!

Thanks,

Sarah


The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  
 
Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.
 
Thanks

 


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Billing increase

Hello Sarah, I apologize for you not being able to speak with a live person on any channel. With the current crisis we're in our team is hear to help our phone and chat agents with the high volume their receiving. I'd be happy to help you with finding a new deal for your home services, to get the ball rolling could you please provide your full name and street address? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing increase

@ComcastAmir 

 

I am having the same problem. I have been trying for weeks to find a way to lower my bill. Is there any way you can help me too ?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Billing increase

Sure, I'd be happy to help you keyrock52. Please send me a private message with your full name and street address. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Billing increase

im in the same boat and it seems to be a trend with alot of people...if a comcast rep could help me please?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Billing increase

My bill increased without notice, and I'm on auto-pay. I had no idea that I wasn't transferring enough money to my account for the past few months. I'm lucky I didn't overdraw my account!

I tried chatting with customer service, but as soon as I asked about my bill increase, I never received a response again on the chat. When I signed up over a year ago, I asked if my pricing was a promotional price (Blast internet for $50/mo), and they said no. That's regular price and it will never go up. A year later it's now $73 and no one ever bothered to mention it to me.

Comcast's notorious customer service is at it again with their lying, cheating, and poor communication.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Billing increase

You can check your local rates here:

 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

 

If your rate is less than the rate there, you're getting a promotion.  I don't know why they wouldn't tell you that though. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Billing increase


@justsamisfine wrote:

My bill increased without notice, and I'm on auto-pay. I had no idea that I wasn't transferring enough money to my account for the past few months. I'm lucky I didn't overdraw my account!

I tried chatting with customer service, but as soon as I asked about my bill increase, I never received a response again on the chat. When I signed up over a year ago, I asked if my pricing was a promotional price (Blast internet for $50/mo), and they said no. That's regular price and it will never go up. A year later it's now $73 and no one ever bothered to mention it to me.

Comcast's notorious customer service is at it again with their lying, cheating, and poor communication.


And so, since you're on autopay you never read your billing statement?  Notices of increases, along with other pertinent information are usually posted on your billing statement a month or two before it takes effect.  You are responsible for reading your statement every month in order to catch discrepancies.  It's entirely possible fees may have increased, along with taxes, but you'll have to read your statement to find out why there has been an increase.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Billing increase

Hi Sarahohlson, unfortunately I don't see a response from you here or via private message so I will close this thread a completed. Feel free to create a new post if you need anything else, have a good day. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!