Community Forum

Billing increase for 2019?

New Poster

Billing increase for 2019?

Why did the bills randomly go up again about $5?

When will they go down instead?

Time for decreases not increases!

Official Employee

Re: Billing increase for 2019?

Hi there, MisterDave5. We give our customers about a 30-60 day notice when a bill will change. We had some changes to our broadcast TV fee and equipment. This increase allows us to cover the increase of broadcasting these channels, that majority of our customers want, and to invest into developing new equipment and apps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

But you still giving new custumers a especial package of $29.95?

Official Employee

Hello, gmoreno58. 

Our price changes are usually to fees outside of promotions. Promotional prices do not change unless they expire. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Is it me, or was the actual question not answered? 

New Poster

I guess he is trying to say why don't you come up with a business model that rewards loyal customers instead of hooking the new ones and then just letting the loyal ones rot. Maybe charge new customers a fair amount (they usually have few to no choices where they can get service anyway) and then as you build up loyalty you reward the customer with lower prices or something. Instead we seemed to be forced to play some sort of game with customer service.  You do realize that once good 5G service comes out you will have real competition and you will have built up so much bad will that for the same price or a few dollars more people will go to the telecos for their internet service just to be able to drop you. Yes, I know you know that, maybe this is a good time to change your image.

New Poster

Paying $160 for a basic digi package and internet is way too much. What NJ needs is lots of competition to spark a pricing decrease.