Community Forum

Billing for Netflix During Free Trial

Frequent Visitor

Billing for Netflix During Free Trial

I signed up for a 30 day free trial of Netflix on December 16. Comcast has billed me 9.99 for this free trial. I find this to be fraudulent. It is a FREE trial, which I intend to cancel. How can Comcast do tjis?
Official Employee

Re: Billing for Netflix During Free Trial

Hello meg5000, I can look into this for you and make the proper adjustments if needed. Please send me a private message verifying following information:

-First and last name of the account holder

-Primary phone number on the account

-The street address associated with your services

-Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastAmir", then click private message me.

New Poster

I never signed up for a Netflix free trial. I simply logged in using my existing Netflix account. Comcast has been billing me for 10 months in error for Netflix. I pay Netflix on my own through my checking account (since 2012).  The Comcast agent had the nerve to tell me to call Netflix for the credit and she had a nasty attitude. I never authorized Comcast to bill me for Netflix, so Comcast needs to resolve the issue. I am going to post on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to warn folks about this renegade billing. 

Official Employee

Hello dedwincarter, you can only be billed once for the same account for Netflix. If you're getting billed for twice for the same Netflix subscription then we would need to contact Netflix and get the issue resolved that way, if you created another account for your Comcast services other than the original account that you signed up with through Netflix then the charges are valid. If you would like me to look further into this for you on my end please send me a private message verifying following information:

-First and last name of the account holder

-Primary phone number on the account

-The street address associated with your services

-Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastAmir", then click private message me.

New Poster

Re: Billing for Netflix During Free Trial and Double billing for Netflix in error

The Comcast Agent, Joy agent no. !`8 put the Netflix rep and me on hold for nearly 45 mins and never came back. I called Comcast back and the agent, Tiffany was wonderful. She tried to resolve the issue as best she could by canceling the Netflix account through. Tiffany transferred the call to a supervisor, Mandy. The Netflix agent, Knight and Comcast supervisor Mandy kept going back and forth about which company is responsible for issuing a credit to me. I asked to be transferred to customer retention and Mandy informed me that she was "supervisor over everything," including customer retention. I excused Knight, from Netflix from the call. He hold music came on and he couldn't disconnetct so Mandy (Comcast "supervisor of everything"  was to call me right back. Mandy never did not called me back. 

New Poster

" if you created another account for your Comcast services other than the original account that you signed up with through Netflix then the charges are valid."  I DID NOT create a new Netflix account. This has been confirmed with Comcast and Netflix becasue when I click on the app through Xfinity it shows the Netflix account that I have been using since 2012. It took 3 agents and a Amanda, the "supervisor" over everything to do nothing to resolve this matter. I finally got a young lady on the line who conferenced with Netflix varified that I have been watching Netflix via the comcast Netflix app for the last year using the same Netflix account that I have had since 2012. Comcast needs to stop passing the buck on this bililng mess and get it together. As soon as I can figure out how to get rid of Comcast and get internet and streaming TV from a box, Youtube TV, Hulu or someother service, I am done with this money hungry company. 

Official Employee

dedwincarter, I can certainly help you get your billing issue sorted out. Please send me a private message with your account information and we can get started.

Regular Visitor

I saw the free trial on Netflix in August on Comcast. We were hit by Hurricane Irma at the beginning of September and lost all services.  The Netflix trial was not even a complete trial . I finally were able to get through to Comcast on a someone's phone to inquire about all our services which were down for weeks. I told the agent to that this Netflix trial was never completed but to not continue it because we had limited or no access to phone or internet, so we really couldn't use it.

To add to that, I have not had any consistent phone, internet or TV service from Comcast in the last six weeks. When I first contacted Comcast at the beginning of December, Comcast promised an initial two week credit for November. Then the problems continued. We had outages almost every day in our neighborhood  in December and January--I ended up calling Comcast at least 26 times or more. We were finally told that there  network issues in our neighborhood which lasted through this New Year. In reviewing my bill, we noticed not only did we not receive the initial two week credit promised, we have not received credit for these outages. To add to that, I noticed that Netflix was being billed every month on our account even though we did not even have a full trial and had requested that it not continue.

I am a retired person and I feel we are being taken advantage of--first, by being charged for services on our Comcast bill for these past six weeks for which we have not have any consistent service. Further, due to Hurricane issues, continued to be billed for Netflix services we had asked to discontinue and could not even utilize if we wanted to, because we could not access services on our X1 (due to Comcast's own network issues). My family is telling me I need to switch to ATT . I have been a customer of Comcast since the 80's but it appears he is right, if the appropriate credits are not issued.

Official Employee

Hello cappdouble, any trial issue or to cancel Netflix you would have to reach out to them directly. They do not operate the same as HBO, Starz, or any other premium channel, they handle all cancellations and trial issues in house. I can address your billing and service concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.