Community Forum

Billing beyond canceled service?!

Regular Visitor

Billing beyond canceled service?!

Why would Comcast bill for service beyond period when the service has been clearly canceled? They make it extremely difficult to respond to their billing email... and have this tedious route of only communicating via phone. It is unbelievable for a well established company to have their billing system out-of-sync with their service... so what gives?

Regular Visitor

Re: Billing beyond canceled service?!

And this is an email from them earlier:

We're processing your request

We received your cancellation request, and we're on it. In the 
meantime, you can view your cancellation details below.

Cancellation details
Last day of service:   Monday, May 13, 2019
Expert

Your billing statement was probably generated before May 13th, even though you've received it after that date.  Was there a date printed on the billing statement?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same issue here.  Billing date June 7, definitely after the cancellation request was put through.  Absolutely unbelievable.

Regular Visitor

Billing date is May 22, for service from May 26 to June 25... well after the cancelation date.

Official Employee

Hello usk. Thank you for creating this thread. I can assist with researching your account and the cancellation date. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I cancelled within ten days however my husband paid the bill not realizing I was cancelling. I cancelled within the free 30 day cancellation window. We paid 230.58 and all they refunded was 58.00. it's impossible to get a person who knows what there talking about. Two customer service representative have told me I would get a full refund. But it would have to get approved by supervisor and impossible to speak to a supervisor. I wrote letter to there main office in PA, have not received any response yet. Customer Service is the worst I've seen and hate calling them. If I don't get a full refund I'm going to file complaint with FCC and going to our local news stations. Might even sue them for false advertisement harassment distress my husband and I are both senior citizens on disability and he's a vet they say that they have a free 30-day cancellation that's what they have to honor
Official Employee

Hello, all - 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I understand how important it is to ensure you're not billed for services you aren't using! I'd be happy to take a look at the bills further with you. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to review this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your response, ComcastJoeTru. I have sent you a private message earlier and hope to hear back. Thanks again!

Official Employee

Hi usk. I received and responded to your private message. Thank you.