Community Forum

Billing and rate problems

New Poster

Billing and rate problems

First off, I've always had autopay enabled on my account, and this month my credit card expired but I got no indication from Comcast that payment had failed. This has resulted in a late fee, which is very shoddy customer service as it's clearly possible to notify someone that a payment processing attempt has failed.

Secondly, I'm now seeing a $25 surcharge added to my account:

ADDITIONAL SERVICES

Extreme Pro Internet

$25.00

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean but it again is extremely poor customer service to not at least have some context provided. As it stands, it looks like an attempt to bill more when the customer is not paying attention.

Expert

Re: Billing and rate problems

@troveryor wrote:

First off, I've always had autopay enabled on my account, and this month my credit card expired but I got no indication from Comcast that payment had failed. This has resulted in a late fee, which is very shoddy customer service as it's clearly possible to notify someone that a payment processing attempt has failed.

Secondly, I'm now seeing a $25 surcharge added to my account:

ADDITIONAL SERVICES

Extreme Pro Internet

$25.00

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean but it again is extremely poor customer service to not at least have some context provided. As it stands, it looks like an attempt to bill more when the customer is not paying attention.

It's your responsibility to know when your card's expiration date is.  Did you receive a new one from the bank in the mail?  That's the time you should change all your payment options.

Although you have autopay set up, do you read your bill thoroughly every month to see if the notes provided give you any clue as to charges?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The fact of the matter is it's insanely simple to notify a customer when payment processing has been denied.  <Edited>

@Comcast_Support Could you address this $25 fee, I'd very much like to know what service I'm supposed to be getting by paying extra like this.

Expert

Companies do not know your credit card expired. It's only known when no payment is received from them. You do receive notice when you get your next bill. Do you read it?

You need to contact your credit card company. Your card was cancelled for some reason: mistake, non-payment, or by you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!