Community Forum

Billing PLEASE HELP! Special needs kids

Regular Visitor

Billing PLEASE HELP! Special needs kids

I have been a super loyal Comcast Xfinity customer but I am considering taking the Dword up on their offer since my bill went up. My bill just jumped. I have 2 special needs children this is the only way they have entertainment. Their needs come firdt so you guys are ripping me apart having to choose to get rid of this because I cannot afford it. It is so hard tonfind time to call, sit on hold, talk to someone, it is a mess. I need some humanity, some help please.... and I cannot justify this budget anymore so I priced out a new customer package with more speed and same channels, turns out it is 40 dollars less... Before I cancel I really would like Comcast to be loyal back to us and drop my price to what is affordable.. It is important to 2 little boys thst cant talk... thanks for listening.
Melinda
Official Employee

Re: Live chat wont work my bill is up for 2nd month help

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Billing hike hurts Special Needs Kids

I have been a super loyal Comcast Xfinity customer but I am considering having to cancel or take the D.word up on an offer since my bill went up. My bill just jumped. I have 2 special needs children this is the only way they have entertainment. Their needs come firdt so you guys are ripping me apart having to choose to get rid of this because I cannot afford it. It is so hard tonfind time to call, sit on hold, talk to someone, it is a mess. I need some humanity, some help please.... and I cannot justify this budget anymore so I priced out a new customer package with more speed and same channels, turns out it is 40 dollars less... Before I cancel I really would like Comcast to be loyal back to us and place my price to what is at least what a new customer gets. It is important to 2 little boys that cant talk... thanks for listening.
Melinda
Regular Visitor

Return purchased movies

Since you all hiked the price, is there a place to return all purchased movies for a fraction of the cost? Is there a way to adjust the bill for past purchased movies and to have some removed from the account?
Melinda