Community Forum

Billing Increase

Regular Visitor

Billing Increase

I see that my monthly bill has increased and it is a little frustrating that the rate goes up but there is really no notification as to when this will occur other than at the bottom of a monthly billing statement that usually doesn't get read.  It would be helpful if there was an email sent out to indicate the fact that the bill is going up due to whatever the reason is so the customer is aware of it rather than thinking they will look over their entire billing statement to find this out.

I was very surprised to see the increase and was totally unaware of it until I received my billing statement and then I had to compare the statements to get an answer as to why there was an increase and it turns out it is primarily for equipment fees. 

There has been no upgrade to my equipment so I am not sure why i would need to pay more for the same stuff.  It has probably already been paid for through the monthly fees that I have been charged over the many years that I have been a customer.

Is there any plan to reduce the fees for any of the services or can we plan to just continuously get hit with higher rates?

I was told when I extended my contract that the fees i was paying would not change for 2 years but apparently that is not true since it has only been 3 months since I extended my service and they have already gone up. 

Very frustrating and people are wondering why there is so much buzz around cord cutting, OTA antennas, HULU and NETFLIX.

It would be nice to know if there are any other increases planned.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing Increase

The same thing happened to us with the increase and no notification or explanation. We are seriously thinking about cutting the cord.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not happy with it either.  Plus why do I have to pay $8.25 a month for regional sports fee and I don't watch sports!!!

Official Employee

Hello, Big-Mac-Daddy. The promotional price that you have does not change for the duration of the agreement. I understand your frustration with an unexpected change in your bill. Just to set your expectations, you should have received an email to your Comcast username, 30 to 60 days before the change, notifying you. 

Equipment price changes allow us to innovate new technologies, like our XB6 modem and our XFI app. We allow you to exchange your rental modem at any time for the newest and most updated technology. It also allows us to upgrade internet speeds for free sometimes. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I don't use these things.  Or  watch sports and have to pay a monthly tax fee for it.

Regular Visitor

This answer is really not acceptable due to the fact that I searched through all of my messages from the past 90 days and I did not find any message that forewarned me of an upcoming change to the rental fees for my service.  This is the explanation that I got.  I also haven't seen where there has been any upgrade to my existing equipment that is referenced which I have had for years now so I am still having difficulty justifying an increase in the lease price for your equipment.

I have been looking into purchasing my own equipment but this seems a little risky and the fact that I have the triple play service which requires a phone line in the modem and limits the number of products available to replace it.

I also am unaware of any cable devices available that I could purchase to replace the current cable boxes I have.  It just seems to be a way to generate a continuous revenue stream using dedicated equipment that is only available through the Comcast conglomerate.

I will potentially be looking into some alternative service providers that might allow me to cut the cord since the monthly rate is becoming so high. The monthly amount is approaching or exceeding a car payment now.  Need to research more OTA antennas ,Hulu, Amazon, Sling and You Tube as possible alternatives.

Official Employee

Big-Mac-Daddy, I can look into your account for available promotions that you may qualify for. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Martin my name is <removed personal info>

Official Employee

I removed your name as it was posted publicly. I would need you to send me that info via private message. 

Frequent Visitor

I agree!!!  They should have more package options where you can get a package that does not include sports!!  Why isn't everyone paying for you and I to have HBO even though they don't watch it?  grrrrrrrrrr!!

Regular Contributor

@samesong wrote:

I agree!!!  They should have more package options where you can get a package that does not include sports!!  Why isn't everyone paying for you and I to have HBO even though they don't watch it?  grrrrrrrrrr!!

If only....