Community Forum

Billing Error

New Poster

Billing Error

On 02/01/2019 I cancelled  Xfinity Instant TV, DVR service, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax. I retained my internet service at $89.95 per month.  The rep stated that cancellation would take effect by the end of the day. That same dayI received an order confirmation e-mail, which I still have,  stating those services had all been cancelled and my next bill would be $89.95 for internet service only. My bill from Xfinity dated 01/26/2019 was $110.70 for the service period from 02/03/2019 to 03/02/2019.  I paid the full amount even though it included services I had cancelled and would not be receiving. I should have received a credit on my February bill for the services I paid for but did not receive during the period covered by the January statement. Not only did I fail to receive a credit for the overpayment in January but I was billed again in February for the services that I had been told both via telephone and e-mail confirmation had been cancelled instead of the $89.95 that was clearly indicated in the order confirmation e-mail.  Furthermore, a $10 monthly Broadcast TV fee continues to be listed as a charge under Services on my account when I haven't received any TV service from Xfinity since  02/01/2019. I do not understand why billing me correctly seems to be so difficult. It certainly makes me reluctant to add any services in the future since it seems you continue to be billed for them long after they are cancelled. Can anyone help me straighten this mess out?