Community Forum

Billed $40 for a home visit when promised FREE service upon asking

Highlighted
New Poster

Billed $40 for a home visit when promised FREE service upon asking

Hi Xfinity,

I installed my own modem instead of having to pay $14 per month as rental and had it set up via xfinity online support. All good but the wireless was just not connecting. The agent on the phone set up a service visit and RECONFIRMED that this is a courtesy visit and I will not be charged. I am looking at my bill today and see a  $40 charge? What is this, a joke??? I have been a customer since 2007 and this is the kind of cheap joke you guys play. I need someone to refund my $40 and let me know why I was charged when promised otherwise. FTC is not too dar off with my rights in this matter. FTC would also agree with my rights in this matter...

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Billed $40 for a home visit when promised FREE service upon asking

Similar situation. I did self install I used the exact same router and modem wall jack as when I had RCN 2 months ago (literally didn't change anything inside my house). When it wasn't working, they told me the wires to the building must not be installed so they'd need to send a technician out. I asked at least 3 times over the phone "I won't be charged will I?" they said no, because it was all outside work, and had to do with their hookups to the building, so I wouldn't be charged.

1.5 months later $70 technician fee on bill. Called they gave me the whole "nothing I can do spiel" 

Looks like I'll be going back to RCN..