Community Forum

Bill up YET AGAIN - unacceptably high

Contributor

Bill up YET AGAIN - unacceptably high

Through Comcast, we have 1) TV (nothing fancy and we don't watch sports at all but they are in the package anyway), 2) internet, 3)phone (a waste, mostly scam calls but Comcast kept telling us the price would be higher without land line) and another increase just elevated the monthly price to $160's. This is over $2,000 per year and officially insane pricing. Cannot afford . Comcast, please advise if you will lower the price to get it out of the stratosphere. We have been very loyal to Comcast but the price creep has been rediculous. Verizon keeps trying to lure us back for $39 (all 3 services) plus equipment. Will Comcast help here to bring the number to a more competitive level? Tired of having to try to beat back the numbers every freaking time they go up which seems to be every time I turn around. .  Really , really tired of it.

Official Employee

Re: Bill up YET AGAIN - unacceptably high

Hi there, .jjthink. I can help look into billing options for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I contacted them about mine getting higher too. The "cheaper" option added another sports fee and made it just as high as the bill i just got. Gave a less than stellar review afterwards, then less than 2 weeks later i was contacted because they're going to start charging me another $10 a month for having an HD DVR box. I've had the same equipment since i started in june 2016. I was originally told the HD box included the dvr. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if my bill goes up again after posting this.
Official Employee

Hi there, Hmariewhite. I don't see that you have spoken to us over the forms. If you would like, make a new post with your issue and we will reach out to you as soon as we can. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

To avoid rental charges consider to stop renting equipment and buy instead. 

@Hmariewhite wrote:
I contacted them about mine getting higher too. The "cheaper" option added another sports fee and made it just as high as the bill i just got. Gave a less than stellar review afterwards, then less than 2 weeks later i was contacted because they're going to start charging me another $10 a month for having an HD DVR box. I've had the same equipment since i started in june 2016. I was originally told the HD box included the dvr. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if my bill goes up again after posting this.

Contributor

ComcastMartin - I'm sorry - I don't see the Send Message option when I click on your name. I tried other ways to message but don't think you are receiving? My bill has doubled in only the last handful of years, now $164 (with less channels...we never watch sports but like others are stuck paying for those channels anyway). So frustrating, the endless increases.  The bill is due today but I don't yet have any resolution from Comcast, unfortunately. I have had to look at other companies but haven't had the time yet to complete that work just yet.

Contributor

ComcastMartin - I checked again and was able to send you a PM this time...this time the "Send a Message" button was there.

Contributor

Received no response

Official Employee

I sent a message Saturday, jjthink. Did it not go through to you? I can send another if you would like.