Community Forum

Bill just doubled! Unreliable speeds and unstable connections. Why should I stay?

Frequent Visitor

Bill just doubled! Unreliable speeds and unstable connections. Why should I stay?

I've been paying for Performance Internet with a Blast Speed Increase and should be getting 150 Mbps, but realistically it jumps up and down all the time in a matter of minutes from 40 Mbps to 100 Mbps and is often unstable. See screenshots of 4 different speedtests below.

My bills have been $39.99/mo due of these and other issues and because of my long term customer loyalty and consistent on-time payments. My bill for next month has nearly doubled to $79.95! Why should I pay that much and why should I stay?

I've been getting offers from AT&T Fiber and have reached out to discuss options with them. I could pay $40/mo for 100 Mbps, $50.00/mo for 300 Mbps, or $70/mo for 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps) all of which are fiber connections which is guaranteed stability.

I would be open to sticking with Comcast xFinity as I have for years, but if I cannot get a competative offer for the services I recieve, taking into account issues with connection instability (techs have been sent to my address with no resolution), then it may be time for me to move on.

I hope to hear back from a representative soon so we can work something out.

ComcastNewSpeedTest_2019.06.17.PNGGoogleSpeedTest_2019.06.17.PNGComcastOldSpeedTest_2019.06.17.PNGOoklaSpeedTest_2019.06.17.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Re: Bill just doubled! Unreliable speeds and unstable connections. Why should I stay?

Official Employee

Re: Bill just doubled! Unreliable speeds and unstable connections. Why should I stay?

Good afternoon, divineraccoon. Thanks for posting. I completely understand your frustration between both the internet/speed concern, as well as the price increase. Your loyalty as customer is something that we really appreciate, thank you for that. Internet speed fluctuation is something that is pretty typical regardless of provider and especially over WiFi. On a hardwired connection over ethernet, it's likely that you will get a consistent speed. I haven't heard a company that is able to guarantee WiFi speed, due to the high amount of variables that can impact a wireless broadcast that are often outside of the providers control. I do however understand your point and I can definitely look into what might be going on with your internet speed and address your questions as far as that goes. On the other hand - our promotional offers provide discounted pricing off of our services, once the term expires, you'll typically receive a price increase. Prior to that happening, you can always reach out to discuss what other promotional options may be available to you. I will be glad to look into those options with you. In order to begin, please send me a private message with your name. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I will reply from there and I look forward to assisting you with this. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!