Community Forum

Bill is outrageous why can't existing customers get reduction

Frequent Visitor

Bill is outrageous why can't existing customers get reduction

I have had a Comcast account since 1998 and it keeps going up as I am forced to add features just to get a short term discount. My bill is almost $260 a month and there seems to no end in site for the increases. I think we have finally hit our ceiling. One of my family members finally axed Comcast and they wished they had done it sooner. It's unbelievable how they treat long standing customers. I think when they start seeing a mass exodus t hrn perhaps they will take a look at how to keep long time customers. I can't afford it anymore and it's sad because I have had daily calls and even door to door people trying to lure me but I remained loyal. However, I think that I may need to switch just to have affordable cable and internet. 

Simone 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Bill is outrageous why can't existing customers get reduction

I have this problem, as well with high monthly charges for old system.  I am an loyal customer since the 1990 and I agree, I might have to go with another carrie if the bill continues to increase. 

Frequent Visitor

I'm also a long standing customer since 2007 and yes I'm forced to add service in order to get a short term discount but declined. Instead I decided to keep my double play but kept it on the starter package (no contract agreement) over the premier which was a good deal when they gave it to me last year. Since I'm planning to move to another, I'm also checking each neighborhood if they have Fiber coverage so I can get out of Comcast.

New Poster

I am customer since 2016. I have the bare minimum of services and my bill has increased from $144 to now $216.00.  They did not even inform me of the increase. I will definetly look for other options.  The company doesn't even care about ones dissatisfactions and the customer service people get insulted when you complain.  Evidnt company dosent care for they refuse to answer any questions asked.

Official Employee

Hey everyone! Thanks for posting about your billing concerns. No one likes a high bill, especially an increase out of no where. We definitely respect your loyalty to us so we'd like the opprotunity to check for a lower rate to keep you around longer Smiley Happy

Feel free to send us a message so our team can check out our options. Please send us a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name (Comcast_Support) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

See response from Customer Support. Send first and last name and let me know if you get reduction.
Frequent Visitor

Monezie, I’m not sure how much a difference will make this over visiting a store and calling their loyalty department twice. Neither ones had any better offers than a new customer when I dealt with them in one day. Sorry to sound condescending but I’m really fed up being ignored and treated as one of those customers than a long standing loyal customer and also as a former employee.
New Poster

Why does the employee I talk to on IM say the following:

9:30:36 PM Queen Gehart : Since you have been a very valued customer and in case your previous rate is really the perfect fit for your budget, we can probably make request to have the old rate reapplied. We would like to exhaust all possible options to help you. I will make a request on my end regarding that one, then to have even a loyalty discount applied for you, you will be needing to call the Loyalty team at 1-800-934-6489.

No need to worry, I will notify them and fully document everything on the account so that once you reach them you will be prioritized above everything else.
9:30:56 PM Queen Gehart : Having that said, I am positive that they can give you the package that can save your money most with the same level of your service.

However, when I call the Loyalty team they will not honor what Queen said?  

Frequent Visitor

I sent a message to customer service and it's gone into a black hole. No one has reached out to me since I provided my first and last name as directed by Ken. I also looked at similar post and it seems as if this is a stock answer to provide first and last name. Is it to quiet down the thread to give the appearance that Comcast wants to keep the business? I'm giving it a week before I escalate and or dump Comcast like my sister did.
Contributor

@Monezie wrote:
I sent a message to customer service and it's gone into a black hole. No one has reached out to me since I provided my first and last name as directed by Ken. I also looked at similar post and it seems as if this is a stock answer to provide first and last name. Is it to quiet down the thread to give the appearance that Comcast wants to keep the business? I'm giving it a week before I escalate and or dump Comcast like my sister did.

Monezie,

Have you also noticed how many questions have ZERO replies?  My most recent question was semi-answered by a non-employee/"expert", but my follow up question is being ignored.

Comcast has the worst cusomer service!  I stay with them only because of the internet speed. 

Frequent Visitor

Nothing but crickets from Comcast since they stared to send an email. So dishonest.
Official Employee

@Monezie wrote:
Nothing but crickets from Comcast since they stared to send an email. So dishonest.

Hi @Monezie

We apologize for the del.ayed reply. We assist each customer in the order if which their message is received. I have just picked up your private message, am reviewing a few things here on my end and will be replying shortly. We appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I was contacted by someone named Tambrey  who asked for the first and last name of the prime account holder (my wife) and that was the last I heard... three days ago.

My bill has gone from $150 to $180 with no explanation. My guess is that the contract is up. 

We are senior citizens in our 70s on a fixed income and we can afford the $150 but not $180. So we will keep the internet and cut the TV cord like millions of others.  ATT also offers an internet and TV package in our area and so I guess we will look at that.

We like Comcast and get good service, but there is only so much money available and we are at our limit at $150. We don't have another $360 a year for the service. The $1800 a year we pay now is all we can afford. 

New Poster

I am convinced that the replies you receive via chats ect, are not from employees. they are probably computer generated replies meant to delay, delay, delay any customer satisfaction

until you give up. I will probably dump comcast, as unauthorized  add-ons will simply continue and result in more upcharges. Recently, 10:00 for Internet speed increase, that

does not make any difference.

Frequent Visitor

Send your name and address to the employee who responded to my thread. Someone just reached out to me finally and we are negotiating new terms.
Expert

@Monezie wrote:
Send your name and address to the employee who responded to my thread. Someone just reached out to me finally and we are negotiating new terms.

No.  This is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read the PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Please read the response from Ken an actual employee. He said Hey Everyone not Hey Monezie and he said send us not send me so I thought he was addressing every one on the thread. So perhaps the employee should address the per son who started the thread and not say everyone. Very interesting that you are deleting this when your own employee stated thst as a public response on the thread. How dare you guys.
Contributor

Monezie,

Right On! 

@Monezie wrote:
Please read the response from Ken an actual employee. He said Hey Everyone not Hey Monezie and he said send us not send me so I thought he was addressing every one on the thread. So perhaps the employee should address the per son who started the thread and not say everyone. Very interesting that you are deleting this when your own employee stated thst as a public response on the thread. How dare you guys.

New Poster

I would really like to have the Internet speed increase reduced back to the orginal charge.

What are the options?... I hate being charged for something I did not ask for. Do not see that any change in the speed. I did the test and it came out at 160. There also is no phone number to call, anywhere on the website. If you ask to schedule a call, it constantly comes back with messagee. "we are having trouble scheduling a call". REALLY ? 

Thank you

Contributor

1-800-xfinity

New Poster

Bet you are renting hardware that is WORTHLESS to comcast, but they are making money on you nevertheless. <Edited>

Frequent Visitor

Short I think yours is more of a technical issue than a billing. If you say that you’re getting 160mbps then that depends on the hardware you got, older modems do achieve that speed. Plus you failed to mention which plan you have which we don’t know so it’s even harder help you as a collective.
Contributor

About the speed, you may have to reset your modem or you may need a newer modem.  When you sign on to my account you can reset your modem.  Then run a speedtest sitting beside your modem.  If you don't get a satisfactory speed test, call Xfinity.

Frequent Visitor

If making customers angry is a company's business model, it is crazy and the person who suggested  a  model like this for a company to grow its business  should be fired.

Frequent Visitor

So finally got them to respond, and agreed to new terms then i get my new bill at its not even close to what i agrred to. I feel like it was bait and switch.
Frequent Visitor

Is this after a month? I mean the first bill will have pro-rate and month included.
Frequent Visitor

This was my new bill. I already received a prorated amount. It has voice listed and i dropped voice.
New Poster

Has anyone successfully sent a DM to this account? I clicked on the link and dont see any option to send a private message.

Expert

@notomkarinshak wrote:

Has anyone successfully sent a DM to this account? I clicked on the link and dont see any option to send a private message.

Tom Karinshak doesn't have an account with the Help and Support Forums.

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Response requested please from Comcast representative.

I am in need of assistance. Patiently awaiting response.

Frequent Visitor

I have the most basic package available because that is all our budget can support.   A brand new customer opting for the same package that I have, can get it for $20 a month less than I can.    How is it that after 20+ years of being a customer I cannot get the courtesy of a loyalty discount applied and have this rate extended to me?   We are ready to ditch Comcast and start shopping for other services.  No reward for loyalty, seriously?

Frequent Visitor

If you have options other than Comcast then I would since I highly doubt they will ever offer that same deal. I’ve been with them for over 7 years and as a former employee they never (Ever) offer me anything with a new customer rate. I have the double play premier in hopes to lower down to a starter and all they can offer me is a lousy $20 dollar difference between starter and premier. New customer rate for a starter was around 70-80 bucks. So yea that’s kinda offer you’ll see from them. If not nothing.
Contributor

What if we could get fifty million Americans to write their representatives asking for federal regulations or even price fixing on both internet and tv services? You can make the case that both are vital to national security. 

Or perhaps to separate the TV service from the Internet service, thus offering more choices of vendors?

It is silly to whine here. Comcast execs and managers are laughing at us. But if there is a leader out there who has the talent and time and will make the effort to organize millions of people into protesting, Comcast might stop laughing. 

Just thinking out loud.

Frequent Visitor

What is the process to get the attention of a Comcast representative to initiate a discussion? 

I've not received a response and I've asked for one and been patient for over a week to receive one.

Frequent Visitor

my current contract is about to end and I want to know the same thing. has anyone had any luck getting a new deal on here ? I have both verizon and broadstripe in my area so it would be nice to have some apprecition for customer loyalty

Frequent Visitor

You may have to start your own thread. I was called out by an "expert" when I told everyone what an employee told me to do.
Frequent Visitor

I started my own thread over 2 months ago.  No response.  I started another one this week; doubtful I'll get a response from it either.  

Frequent Visitor

I have started my own thread. 

Comcast is not responding.

Courtesy would be to let customers know they will not receive a response from Comcast as it's clear no response will be received.

Contributor

In the past I had poor experiences with the reps via phone, and was delighted to discover help from reps via this forum.  It worked well for several years.  But no more.

So I gave up waiting for a response from an employee via this forum and called instead.  The result was excellent service!

Frequent Visitor

I had good experience with staff at Customer Service Center in the past. 

Comcast closed it.

Xfinity Store I tried a few weeks ago. Experience was poor overall. Waited a very long time while staff visited with each other. Provided with incorrect information about my bill. I would describe my actual interaction with employee as unpleasant.  Did not achieve any results.

Bonus was another customer threatening to kick some butt if they did not receive attention. I left and did not see the conclusion.

Would be great if I was able to have a meaningful interaction with Comcast as a result of visiting this forum. 

New Poster

I've been a customer since 2009.  Every time my contract expires they have always worked for me to meet pricing around the same amount with mini increases.  My last bundle was HD compatible XF package with a $46 dollar discount. So it came out to $209 before taxes plus an extra channel for 1 cent, because I have given  so many referrals that this is what they could give me.  I called today to see if they could work with me to see what can be done because my contract is up in January.  I was told by 2 customer service people if I want what I have now I'll be paying $280, because they don't grandfather anymore and there are no discounts for existing customers. Over the years someone was always willing to work with me,  but it seems like they just don't care.  Mind you I've brought them over 20 customers over the years and a business account.  You would think with people not using cable tv anymore and opting for streaming services they would try their best to at least keep at least the loyal customers.  So I'm hoping that someone can give me a solution, because I love the service and don't want to opt out of both accounts.

Contributor

The solution is to move to ATT or some other service. or cut the cord totally. When I called I received the same attitude and answer as you received. 

If Xfinity does not value my business I will take it somewhere that does.  There is a company that goes by "three letters" that just wired our area with fiber. When they roll out their new service, I'll be their first customer. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes i may have to take that route. I have been dealing with their escalation area for almost a month now and they still havent gotten right.
Contributor

@Monezie wrote:
Yes i may have to take that route. I have been dealing with their escalation area for almost a month now and they still havent gotten right.

If one were cynical one might say that Comcast makes it difficult for customers on purpose as the company hopes the customer will just give up and accept the rate increase. 

New Poster

That has nothing to do with me and my children ok I no when I get paid your your outrageous your bill is to high for me
Frequent Visitor

Still dealing with Comcast. Going on a month now. Sent a reponse almost 4 days ago through Private Message and no response. I feel like different people are responding and the answer changes each time someone responds. So frustrating.
Contributor

@Monezie wrote:
Still dealing with Comcast. Going on a month now. Sent a reponse almost 4 days ago through Private Message and no response. I feel like different people are responding and the answer changes each time someone responds. So frustrating.

Call Loyalty Dept at 800-934-6489 or email corporate customer service at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/We-Can-Help/td-p/2634629

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information for the loyalty number.
Frequent Visitor

Doesnt help calling loyalty department, I guess I have to wait for a response to the private message. Again ghost when i have made payments and they are not honoring the over charge credit because 1) they didnt put new plan into place on the day it was suppose to go into effect and 2) kept charging me for items that had been dropped back in October 2019. Kept being told to pay and wait for the billing to reflect the approrpriate for their oversights yet here we are 2020 no respone and 3 bill without appropriate credit! This is truly insane.
Contributor

Getting old and being on a fixed income means nothing to Comast. I think most Seniors would like a break just like some companies give. Say 15% that would buy something.