Community Forum

Bill is incorrect, where is my new equipment?

Highlighted
New Poster

Made changes to my tv bundle after omcast insisted I get a new dvr box in.  There was nothing wrong with the old one. We are now on our fourth dvr box that will not start up if you turn it off with the comcast remote.  I have never had a problem like this with the old boxes.  @ 800 comcast they insist I pay $ 70.00 for a service tech to come out to see if our house wiring is bad.  All but one box started up fine, so does the small box as long as you don't trun them off with the comcast remote.  The main box, when shut off, has to be reprogrammed each time you turn it off.  Comcast tells me this is impossible, it has to be our house wiring.  😞

My bill is $ 100.00 more than quoted when I made the change.  The fantastic rep in the Muncie Indiana store has been more than helpful but since the store is closed I have no other option but to deal with 800 Comcast.

I have filled out surveys and called at least 15 times since March 14.  No help.  The bill goes up each time I inquire about it.  What am I to do?  The boxes we have at home we can't return because the stores are closed.  I am being billed for boxes I can't use.

I ordereed two new small boxes over a week ago and no responce or delivery.  They assured ones in my home tht are not registered or bing used will still be on my bill.

I understand we are in a mess in this country right now and you do have us by the throat.  All I have been told on my last call was I have up to 4 months to get this resolved and they MAY be able to negotiate on the bill.

I have tried for a week to speak to someone at 800 comcast.  No response.  Comcast chat service will not work.

If in 4 months this is not resoved, or sooner, I will most likely be changing services since comcast can't get one of the reps working from home to answer the phone.

Highlighted
New Poster

For the record, I was quoted $ 167.00  for my tv and internet service includeing two tv boxes.

My current bill is $ 289.00.