Community Forum

Bill increase

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bill increase

I have been a customer for 22 years  - my bill went up about 2 months ago...close to $90.00.  I was part of a promotion a couple years ago that included phone (which we have never used), remote DVR (we do not have a DVR box - just regular cable boxes, the DVR is stored remotley) , all pay stations and internet.  My bill is over $280.00 - which we cannot afford.  I chatted online and called the 800 number trying to get intouch with someone fromt he retention department (I was told to contact that department from a person in the Xfinisty store).  The chat took over an hour - about 5-10 minutes between responses. It got so frustrating I canceled it.  Getting someone on the phone was a struggle to - even then they would not transfer me to the retention department.  After talking with the customer rep - I was told in order to keep the DVR service the way it is and to keep watching the non-pay stations (ID, WE, etc) I would have to keep all of the stations - which I cannot understand.  We do not want HBO, SHowtime, Streampix, etc or the phone.  All we want is basically the extended basic and the DVR setup we have now and I was told flat out that if I cancel the phone, HBO, Showtime, etc.,  we would loose the stations we watch and DVR.

What the heck is that about?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Bill increase

I am agree with you, comcast is keep increasing the bills. Because it  a monopoly, only Comcast and Verizon, but soon with 5G will be more choices.