Community Forum

Bill has almost doubled in last year, with no change in service

New Poster

Bill has almost doubled in last year, with no change in service

When I moved in here 2 years ago, I encountered the same <edited> contract with Comcast that my last apartment complex had. <edited> I moved out because of it, and told them so.  In fact, I never signed up for the service at all, because I was on the first floor and was able to pick up the free wifi from the lobby.  It wasn't the fastest, but it worked.

In my new place, my bill was promised to remain $60, because of this <edited> contract.  On the contrary, my bill has creeped up every month since, and is now at $97.56.  That's only 18% shy of DOUBLE the original rate (only 22.48 less than 120), with no change in service at all. This for basic internet service only with only 11.66mbs download speed.  I had 75mbps with Verizon four years ago for about $70.

<edited>

Not only am I cancelling this service, I'm going to find out who made this deal at this real estate company. I'm going to find out how much they're making from the deal, and then take action to make sure it's not worth it anymore.  Fortunately, I have unlimited wireless service through Verizon, so I won't have to go without internet access at home.

speedtest-redacted.png.

Official Employee

Re: Bill has almost doubled in last year, with no change in service

Hello, triynko. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns. I would be more than happy to look over the bill with you to see why the rate has increased and see if we can make any changes so your service plan better fits your needs. Please send me a Private Message with your first and last name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Bill has almost doubled in last year, with no change in service

triynko, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!