Community Forum

Bill for new service is incorrect and does not reflect promo

Regular Visitor

Bill for new service is incorrect and does not reflect promo

Hello
I signed up for new service internet service a couple of weeks ago via phone. There was a deal which was offered online which contained a new service promo discount ($30) as well as a discount for setting up autmatic billing ($10). As the representative didn't have a record of this promo they opened an account for me as normal and had me send in a picture of the deal to get authorization. They called me back a few days later to change the bill to the proper amount. To do so they had to close the initial account and open a new one. The problem is that they didn't set up the auto billing (and the attendant discount) when they reopened the new account.

I was instructed by a Comcast representative on the phone to go ahead and add auto/paperless billing myself and my bill would be adjusted/fixed going forward. This has not taken place and I am set up to get automatically billed for $10 more than I should be in a few days.

Increasingly frustrated by this and a couple of other issues in setting up this account and definitely do not want to deal with another phone associate via callback as I have no confidence in their ability to rectify my issue. Hoping someone can help through here. After all of this I am certainly not interested in making what amounts to a $120 donation to Comacst.
Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Bill for new service is incorrect and does not reflect promo

Greetings, rzapol! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with the bill this far. This is certainly not the experience we want for you. When it comes to the self-service discount, it can take up to 45 days for this discount to kick in and it's not retroactive. I apologize this was not explained in the beginning but I can certainly see what we can do for you in that regards. I would also like to look into the account and see what's going on with the promotion you had originally tried to sign up for. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Bill for new service is incorrect and does not reflect promo

Hello, rzapol. I have not heard back from you and hope all your questions were answered. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!