Community Forum

Bill- Was charged for installation fee when I ordered self-install

New Poster

Bill- Was charged for installation fee when I ordered self-install

When we set up service, we ordered a self-install. When we received the box and tried to set it up, we spent hours trouble-shooting with the tech department. After they determined that one of the boxes was not receiving the proper connection from the modem, they scheduled a technician to come out since it was defective equipment. I was still charged $70 install fee on my bill. I've been fighting this charge for a month and it is still on my bill. I am going to CANCEL MY SERVICE, and let everyone know how shady Xfinity Comcast is and how they treat a customer. I owe over $400 and will not be paying them a red cent. Good luck trying to go after my social security check.

Official Employee

Re: Bill- Was charged for installation fee when I ordered self-install

Hello, Ven0425. I can help in this situation. I want to make sure you are taken care of. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!