Community Forum

Bill - Outstanding - Wrong

New Poster

Bill - Outstanding - Wrong

Received statment for $99.76 service Feb 01 to Feb 29, 2020. It's a pre-pay for service bill.  
Cable and Internet serivce.

Cancelled cable 28 Feb 2020, discovered Comcast disconnected cable b 3:00 p.m. 28 Feb 2020.

Disconnected and returned equipment 29 Feb 2020.

Ixfinity wants me to pay cable and internet for Feb 01 to Feb 29.

I no longer have cable service.

Asked Xfinity to bill me $70 internet fee. I would then arrange auto billing for one year.

Xfinity agreed but my statement still states $99.76.

Any suggestions on how to motivate Xfinity to correct the bill?

Expert

Re: Bill - Outstanding - Wrong

@JW37122 wrote:

Received statment for $99.76 service Feb 01 to Feb 29, 2020. It's a pre-pay for service bill.  
Cable and Internet serivce.

Cancelled cable 28 Feb 2020, discovered Comcast disconnected cable b 3:00 p.m. 28 Feb 2020.

Disconnected and returned equipment 29 Feb 2020.

Ixfinity wants me to pay cable and internet for Feb 01 to Feb 29.

I no longer have cable service.

Asked Xfinity to bill me $70 internet fee. I would then arrange auto billing for one year.

Xfinity agreed but my statement still states $99.76.

Any suggestions on how to motivate Xfinity to correct the bill?

I think you mean January 2020 and not February 2020.

If you cancelled cable on January 28th and you received a bill after that date, your bill was generated before you cancelled cable.  Your bill won't update online immediately.  Pay the bill as you see it and you will receive a prorated bill on your next billing statement.  Believe me, it's easier to do it this way than getting a late fee and then having to get that removed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!