Community Forum

Bill Increased w/ No Notice

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Bill Increased w/ No Notice

Hello,

I have been trying to contact customer service, but the chat says "It is currently not accepting chat at this time" and the xfinity customer support line will not connect me anyone and just does the automated options before disconnecting me. Thus, I am resorting to look for help here.

I reviewed my bill and my price increased consecutively from Feb-Apr. I did not sign any new contract or agree to the price increase. I would like to discuss with a customer service agent about these increased charges and resolve this issue.

Best,

Tony 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Bill Increased w/ No Notice

@Tony261 wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to contact customer service, but the chat says "It is currently not accepting chat at this time" and the xfinity customer support line will not connect me anyone and just does the automated options before disconnecting me. Thus, I am resorting to look for help here.

I reviewed my bill and my price increased consecutively from Feb-Apr. I did not sign any new contract or agree to the price increase. I would like to discuss with a customer service agent about these increased charges and resolve this issue.

Best,

Tony 

Reasons for the increase could be your promotion expired or the equipment fees, taxes, and surcharges increased.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am running into the exact same issue! And nobody will respond! I hope you get yours resolved, as I am ready to cancel Comcast

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your response and I have considered that as the possible case. However, I didn't even sign up with xfinity until March of last year so the rate should not have started increasing on my February bill. Also, it is not best practice by any company to resign their customers up for services and increase without notice first. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yakooz I completely agree with you! I am considering going back to AT&T. I have had them before and they never increased my rate after a sign-up period ended. If they were going to, they called me to discuss to see what we could workout. I honestly should not have switched to Comcast. 

If anyone from Comcast is reading this, please reach out. It is unacceptable to be raising rates on customer unexpectedly especially during the current circumstances. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Probably it's the same thing that happened to me. They increased the "Broadcast TV Fee" in the last 2 months. They did it with no warning. I don't see how they can hold their customers to a contract after they change the terms on their end. And it's currently impossible to contact anyone. Their chat feature is non-functional. They say not to call because everyone is working from home. And their website is specifically designed to be of no help at all. They have this forum where people can gripe, but they aren't doing anything about the complaints. It all just goes into the black hole of "customer service."

Highlighted
New Poster

I came here after experiencing the same issue. Has anyone been able to receive any type of answer or response?

Highlighted
Expert

@Tony261 wrote:

Thank you for your response and I have considered that as the possible case. However, I didn't even sign up with xfinity until March of last year so the rate should not have started increasing on my February bill. Also, it is not best practice by any company to resign their customers up for services and increase without notice first. 

Notice of increases are usually found in the notes section of your billing statement.  If you had a one year promotion it has rolled off and you're probably paying every day pricing for your package.  You may not necessarily be in a contract now, but at the time you signed up for services it was most likely mentioned that your price would increase after your promotion ended.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@mlilley1 wrote:

Probably it's the same thing that happened to me. They increased the "Broadcast TV Fee" in the last 2 months. They did it with no warning. I don't see how they can hold their customers to a contract after they change the terms on their end. And it's currently impossible to contact anyone. Their chat feature is non-functional. They say not to call because everyone is working from home. And their website is specifically designed to be of no help at all. They have this forum where people can gripe, but they aren't doing anything about the complaints. It all just goes into the black hole of "customer service."

Notices of increases can be found in the notes section of your billing statement which you should be reading monthly.