Community Forum

Bill Increased even though I am locked in on a two year contract?

New Poster

Bill Increased even though I am locked in on a two year contract?

I am entering year 2 of my 2 year contract, yet my bill has increased? How has my bill gone up, if I locked in on a two year contract. No one at comcast advised on the billing increase. Makes no sense. 

Problem Solver

Re: Bill Increased even though I am locked in on a two year contract?

There are numerous other threads regarding bill increases such as yours.  If you look at the contract description, you may find that after 1 year there is an increase.  It is probably something that is not highlighted, not emphasized, glossed over or simply ignored during the sales pitch.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

Re: Bill Increased even though I am locked in on a two year contract?

@Jay_Tisc wrote:

I am entering year 2 of my 2 year contract, yet my bill has increased? How has my bill gone up, if I locked in on a two year contract. No one at comcast advised on the billing increase. Makes no sense. 

Your plan most likely hasn't changed, however, equipment fees, taxes and surcharges have all increased.  Take a couple of bills and compare them with your current bill to see where the increase is.  And always read the notes monthly on your billing statement; those will usually tell you about impending increases.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!