Community Forum

Bill Increase

Highlighted
New Poster

Bill Increase

My Bill increased by about 25 % this month but I thought I had a 2 year aggreement.  In my bill it say

• Regular monthly charges have increased by $20.00 as a result of service change(s) made to Your Xfinity package.
    • I have not changed anything. 
  • Xfinity TV Update: On July 28, 2020, Comedy.TV HD, Justice Central HD, and Recipe.TV HD, will be added to Entertainment and Expanded Basic. Requires HD Technology Fee and X1 TV Box or compatible customer owned device and Xfinity Internet.
    • Is this why my bill increased. 
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Bill Increase

Hello chucklax50. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing your account and the changes in your rate. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and service address so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I was quoted $234 by Fernanado for my new gateway install for my monthly service.  My previous service paid on July 26th was $240 because of a billing period greater that 30 days.  (ie 2 days longer).   Prior to the gateway install my bill was $218 a month for a normal period.   Since that time I bought a set of 3 PODs for $120.00.  My new bill showing for Sept 8th is $392.00.  How did my bill increase from a quote of $234 to $392.    

Highlighted
Expert

@slackshade wrote:

I was quoted $234 by Fernanado for my new gateway install for my monthly service.  My previous service paid on July 26th was $240 because of a billing period greater that 30 days.  (ie 2 days longer).   Prior to the gateway install my bill was $218 a month for a normal period.   Since that time I bought a set of 3 PODs for $120.00.  My new bill showing for Sept 8th is $392.00.  How did my bill increase from a quote of $234 to $392.    

What does your bill say in the breakdown [you know, beyond what you owe.....]?  You probably have a prorated charge depending on when you make the change.  Take this billing statement and compare it to the last couple of statements, and read all of the notes on each billing statement.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!