Community Forum

Bill Increase without Notice!

Highlighted
New Poster

Bill Increase without Notice!

My monthly bill increased to nearly $40.
I’ve tried calling and I get put on hold. I need to talk to someone who can help me find something cheaper and TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW so I don’t get a notice later telling me this should’ve been told to me and now I have to suffer the consequences.
Thanks.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bill Increase without Notice!

Look through your previous bills. If you don't have paper copies, check the full PDF versions you can get online. There is often a section about changes. Plus, you can compare what services you are getting and their prices. It's likely you were on a promotional price, and that promo price expired.

Highlighted
New Poster

I wasn’t told when I first got the plan. How can I change my plan to better fit my budget. I haven’t had this issue in the 2 years I’ve been with xfinity. Why am I just hearing about this promotional plan. I assure I would remember that. Thanks.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You can look here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

If your price is lower than those prices, then you're on some kind of promotion.  Asking friends and neighbors or browsing this forum is another way to know stuff like this.  2 years seems to be the most common new customer contract period among cable and satellite companies. 

Highlighted
New Poster

so did mine, and I JUST switched plans so that it can be cheaper and they promised me it would never be above X amount