Community Forum

Beyond frustrated, again!

New Poster

Beyond frustrated, again!

While I greatly enjoyed the past reliability of Xfinity internet and TV, the quality of reliability continues to decline while they continue to add more services that I don't particularly want or need. I've been a customer for over a decade and every time the "promotional" rate of my bundle expires, I've never been informed in advance once (even though I've requested a contract the last few times I've agreed to a new bundle). My rate always increases with hidden taxes and fees almost on a monthly basis and then (surprise!!!) my rate expires and there's another bill $40-50 higher than the previous month.
Now the best rate they can give me to continue the same services I request is higher than the monthly rate that I pay to have 2 vehicles FULLY insured every month.
We works nights and over the last year there's been at least a dozen instances where we return home to find that there is either a internet or TV outage or both! It's incredibly frustrating to not have something I'm paying $160+/mo for that I've stuck with so long because of the history of impeccable service. Also, my home X1 DVR box no longer works as it should as it will be on, but when you power on the TV there's no signal from the box and you have to manually get up and power cycle it to reboot.
Over the last few months the quality of certain HD channels has been lacking as well. Why can't I watch a show on TBS without a hiccup in the stream and pixelation? Am I not paying enough ALREADY?
All I want is the reliable internet and HD X1 DVR service that I've been paying for in advance every month.
Today I spent over an hour on the phone with an Xfinity representative and had to hang up to eat and get ready for work because apparently the best price she could find me after that excessive length of time was $187.
I'm tired of getting gouged for a service that isn't even reliable anymore and I refuse to pay more for tv and internet than it costs me to insure 2 vehicles every month.
I hope that someone here can actually help me, or I'm ready to find another provider at this point