Community Forum

Beyond Frustrated

New Poster

Beyond Frustrated

So, I knew the end of my contract was coming up in August and decided to call comcast to let them know I couldn't afford anything more than what I was paying.  I called and spoke to Marcus in retention.  I have a sick daughter and 2 grandaughter's living with us and we just can't afford anymore.  My goal was to either negotiate or go with another company.  I expressed all of this to Marcus.  My monthly bill was at 158.00 dollars including taxes and fees.  Marcus worked out a deal to keep my bill down but we had to give up home phone service.  I didn't really want to do that but agreed.  We have been loyal customers since 2003.  Fast forward to January and I get my bill with hiked up fees on the other things, equipment ect.  I called 2/7/2019 to discuss with Steve in the retention department.  We had a lengthy discussion and he worked out a deal to keep our bill down and give us back home phone service.  During the 45 minute conversation, repeatedly while he was working on a deal for us we went over the fact that TLC, Bravo, HGTV, E, and CMT were the channels important for us to watch.  No problem, Steve worked it all out.  He did inform me we would lose some of the cartoon channels.  The channels I listed were discussed in depth throughout the whole conversation and I was assured they would be included.   I felt relieved and happy.  Imagine my suprise when I turned on the TV Friday 2/8/2019 only to find out we now have no TLC, CMT, MTV, or HGTV.  I have plenty of channels we don't watch.  We don't subscribe to HBO or any of the premium channels that a lot of people get and never have because we don't watch them.  I pick up the phone and call and speak to Jaime in the retention department and after going through all of the sales pitches again she is unable to help us.  I was flat out lied to and mislead by this company.  We are now to the point of calling to cancel today and going with another company.  I told Marcus back in July when I called I couldn't afford for my bill to be even 1 more dollar higher.  I could have gone with another company at that time and all of this could have been avoided.  I was making sure I called to take care of it before my contract ended.  You can come back and say well the fees on the other things are higher, but when a person tells you they can't afford it, that means they don't have the money in their budget.   You would think the channels I listed would be pretty standard.  I mean I could probably get rabbit ears and get the channels I have right now.  We feel so ripped off and scammed it ain't even funny!  We are done!

New Poster

Re: Beyond Frustrated/ No reply from Comcast as of yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no reply at all from Comcast.  I am just wondering how they pick which complaint to choose 1st?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Beyond Frustrated/ No reply from Comcast as of yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theyve skipped my post as well, its been 4 days and still no response.  Others who requested help same day I did have been replied to already. Whats going on? Smiley Sad