Community Forum

Being incorrectly charged a rental fee for a modem I purchased, again

Regular Visitor

Being incorrectly charged a rental fee for a modem I purchased, again

I received a letter in the mail saying that I would be charged $13 a month for renting my modem. The letter includes the MAC address of my modem. However, I purchased this modem myself in 2014, so I should not be charged a rental fee for it. This is the second time ComCast has tried to charge me a rental fee for this modem. The previous time was in 2015. I did manage to eventually get the fee cancelled and refunded last time, and I am hoping to do the same thing again this time.

Official Employee

Re: Being incorrectly charged a rental fee for a modem I purchased, again

Hello, aem1. Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns!

I can absolutely assist you with getting this issue with modem ownership corrected.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I have sent you a private message.

Regular Visitor

Just curious if/how this was resolved. Comcast continues to insist on charging me a fee suddenly after I have owned my modem after many many years.

Thx
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, Andrew1999. We have the same standard process for equipment removal in all divisions within our market. The request we opened is the correct process. Generally once we open it and it gets confirmed at customer-owned, it wouldn't revert back. We can see that it does happen, which there can be a few reasons for. I will continue working with you in your private message that we have going. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!