Community Forum

Being held for previous accounts?!

New Poster

Being held for previous accounts?!

I have just moved into my new apartment, went to hook up my internet and found out someone had previously used my name on a bill. Whatever, so I pay it off, found out who did it and filed a report. They tell me, your all set now the hold should be removed, bring your new lease to the store and they will take care of it. So I bring my lease, I get the modem. I come home to hook it up and nope, its apparantly still blocked. I called "Jamie" in the installation review department, and let me tell you I NEVER WANT TO TALK TO HER AGAIN! She told me I needed previous documentation of where I lived, however, I lived with my parents, so bills and stuff are non existant. She gave me no other options and flat out told me I wouldnt have service until i got a bill from previous home or paid off outsanding bill on house. Not sure what to do, I am an online school student as well as my son. PLEASE HELP?

Expert

Re: Being held for previous accounts?!

@Aeplace8 wrote:

I have just moved into my new apartment, went to hook up my internet and found out someone had previously used my name on a bill. Whatever, so I pay it off, found out who did it and filed a report. They tell me, your all set now the hold should be removed, bring your new lease to the store and they will take care of it. So I bring my lease, I get the modem. I come home to hook it up and nope, its apparantly still blocked. I called "Jamie" in the installation review department, and let me tell you I NEVER WANT TO TALK TO HER AGAIN! She told me I needed previous documentation of where I lived, however, I lived with my parents, so bills and stuff are non existant. She gave me no other options and flat out told me I wouldnt have service until i got a bill from previous home or paid off outsanding bill on house. Not sure what to do, I am an online school student as well as my son. PLEASE HELP?

You posted this exactly in October.  Did you not follow up with @ComcastMartin?  Did you follow what he posted there?

If you lived with your parents, do you at least have a driver's license showing your name and their address?  That would prove that you lived with them.  You would also need a current driver's license showing where you live now.

Did you take a copy of this filed report to show the CSR?  Has anything been determined against the other person that used your name?  If you can't come up with the documents needed you may just have to pay the balance on the account that was at that address in order to start service.  I know it's not the outcome you would want, but it may be the only way if you want Comcast.  Otherwise, you may have to find a different ISP that will meet your needs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Being held for previous accounts?!

I tried to follow up, however, it said it was locked.

I have sent the verficiations they asked for, however the installation department deemed them not valid. I brought them into the store as well, where they removed the lock on my account,  however, when the activation began, the installation department once again locked my account.  I keep being told I need to speak to a woman named Jamie in installation. Last time I spoke with her, she belittled me, and was not very nice. I have since asked to have my account changed to a different representative, yet no one will help me. Recently, I bit the bullet and tried to call Jamie again, a few times, finding out how much I need to pay to reinstate serivice and how exactly to pay it, however, she will not call me back. This is infuriating. 

The problem is, there is no other ISP in my area or you bette rbelieve I would have hafd fios from the beginning. Comcast knows this vulnerability in my location and the monopoly makes it easy for them to force me to pay.