Community Forum

Being charged for equipment I own for over two years, can't get it resolved

New Poster

Being charged for equipment I own for over two years, can't get it resolved

I'm an xfinity voice/cable/internet user (have been for a VERY long time).  I purchased my own modem/voice equipment from Groupon (It was the exact same as what i had, and xfinity branded).  I returned my equipment, but still have the rental fee.  I tried to resolve with customer service, many many times wasting hours.  I've faxed my reciept as proof of ownership multiple times.  Finally, a CSR told me he sees I returned/own the equipment, but there is no way to remove the charges.  This seems so entirely unfair, I purchased my own equipment, yet still pay the same rental fee.  I don't know what to do, and have spent way too much time trying to resolve, can anyone help?  It's been almost two years now, and I have the receipt from groupon-  

Valued Contributor

Re: Being charged for equipment I own for over two years, can't get it resolved

Groupon sells used items as well, correct? Usually, you can not buy Comcast/Xfinity equipment, and what they lease out is specifically designed for them. If you bought equipment that was previously Xfinity's, then this would cause that issue.
New Poster

It was a refurbished product sold directly by groupon (the ad even says stop paying rental fees)...So I definitely own this modem, and have a receipt to prove it...I returned my rental to xfinity, how do I correct this issue?  I've been paying a rental fee and i'm not renting anything.  

Frequent Visitor

Comcast rep admitted that you did indeed return the equipment and confirmed that you do own your own, however there was no way to remove those wrongful billing charges?  Sounded like robbery to me...

New Poster

I know, but I don't know what to do about it, I have to have cable and internet....and I pay to use equipment I own, it's like a bad joke-  

Official Employee

Hello, hook13. 

I would be happy to assist with the equipment charges. To look into this further together, please send me a Private Message with your name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!