Community Forum

Being charged for a bill already paid

New Poster

Being charged for a bill already paid

My bill in May was for $90.60.  I paid online via ACH transaction, and the payment went through twice.  I called Comcast and was told they only received one payment.  So I called my bank and they showed two payments that cleared.  I had the bank reverse one of the charges to refund my bank account.  That was in June.  Now it is July, and I received my bill for July showing that I still owe $90.60 from my bill in May.  I called Comcast and was told that they had received one payment, and that it was reversed yesterday, July 24 (more than 6 weeks after the bank reversed the second charge).  They told me the error was at my bank.  

I spoke to my bank again, while reviewing the detailed transactions in my bank statements, and it clearly shows two payments of $90.60 were cleared to Comcast in May.  It also clearly shows that the bank reversed one charge and refunded my account one of the $90.60 payments.  I have documented proof of this.

I called Comcast again and the customer service rep told me that I need to pay that $90.60.  She insisted that it was either that I had entered an incorrect account number on my payment or that I had insufficient funds.  I asked repeatedly if I could speak to someone where I could file a claim, so that I could provide proof of documentation that the bill has already been paid.  She would not refer me to anyone else and said her manager said that I needed to pay the amount.  She also would not transfer me to her manager.  When I asked again if I could file a claim somewhere and provide documentation, she hung up on me.  Very disappointed in such unprofessional customer service.  Especially when I remained calm and spoke kindly to her.      

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue.  Someone who is willing to look at the documentation that I have on hand showing that I have already paid the $90.60.  Is there someone I can speak to, or is there somewhere I can go to file a claim?  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Being charged for a bill already paid

Same thing happened to me last month.  Right now I have a case number.  Do a chat session with the rep so you'd have a chat transcript.  Go to the Xfinity store and show them your bank statement that you're indeed charged twice.  If all else failed, contact your state DOJ.  I know I will.  This is ridiculous.  Going through many posts on here I was surprised no one has sued Comcast yet.   

Regular Contributor

@LeathermanLinds wrote:

My bill in May was for $90.60.  I paid online via ACH transaction, and the payment went through twice.  I called Comcast and was told they only received one payment.  So I called my bank and they showed two payments that cleared.  I had the bank reverse one of the charges to refund my bank account.  That was in June.  Now it is July, and I received my bill for July showing that I still owe $90.60 from my bill in May.  I called Comcast and was told that they had received one payment, and that it was reversed yesterday, July 24 (more than 6 weeks after the bank reversed the second charge).  They told me the error was at my bank.  

I spoke to my bank again, while reviewing the detailed transactions in my bank statements, and it clearly shows two payments of $90.60 were cleared to Comcast in May.  It also clearly shows that the bank reversed one charge and refunded my account one of the $90.60 payments.  I have documented proof of this.

I called Comcast again and the customer service rep told me that I need to pay that $90.60.  She insisted that it was either that I had entered an incorrect account number on my payment or that I had insufficient funds.  I asked repeatedly if I could speak to someone where I could file a claim, so that I could provide proof of documentation that the bill has already been paid.  She would not refer me to anyone else and said her manager said that I needed to pay the amount.  She also would not transfer me to her manager.  When I asked again if I could file a claim somewhere and provide documentation, she hung up on me.  Very disappointed in such unprofessional customer service.  Especially when I remained calm and spoke kindly to her.      

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue.  Someone who is willing to look at the documentation that I have on hand showing that I have already paid the $90.60.  Is there someone I can speak to, or is there somewhere I can go to file a claim?  

you need too file  a claim with your  bank   

Frequent Visitor

@snow7551 wrote:

@LeathermanLinds wrote:

you need too file  a claim with your  bank   

Read again.  He has already filed a claim (dispute) with the bank and got one of the two charges reversed.  Problem with Comcast was only one charge was showing on their computer system when indeed 2 charges were processed and posted back to back.  He even got documentation from the bank to prove he was charged twice to begin with.  What more claim would he need to do with the bank?  Please enlighten us.

Frequent Visitor

Any update? Did you get it resolve?

Official Employee

Nichanan, 

Thanks for your Private Message and I will continue to assist you there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!