Community Forum

Being charged $5 for a "DVR" when we do NOT have a DVR box from Comcast

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Being charged $5 for a "DVR" when we do NOT have a DVR box from Comcast

Normally our set top box (older type one) charge was offset with a matching credit that wiped out the monthly charge for the first box. However recently I tried to get our bill lowered (was $186 and change) and while it is down to $154 or so now we apparently lost On Demand to an error code (CL-14) AND WGN America.

Now I come to find out that we're being charge for a box that we not only do not have but also that we do NOT need as the only TV the cable service is on in our house is an older (bought it in 2010 used) SDtv and we honestly don't care if the content is in SD or HD.

So unless this $5 charge is for some sort of cloud based DVR that we can control from our current box/remote setup we would like it removed. It would also help if somebody could respond to us as to how to get On Demand working again as it's part of our package but unable to be used currently.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Being charged $5 for a "DVR" when we do NOT have a DVR box from Comcast

I would like a response about this as we only have a basic cable box and NOT a "DVR" so why are we getting charged $5 for something we don't have? I'd also like a reply about how to get the On Demand working again as unplugging the cable box for a minute hasn't worked.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It has now been EIGHT DAYS since I posted this thread AND the one asking about the On Demand issue (error CL-14) . Yes. I know it has not been eight BUSINESS days, but some sort of reply from an OFFICIAL rep to at least acknowledge either one would be nice.  Because with this one we're paying $5 a month for something we DO NOT HAVE on our line of service (a DVR box). Our only cable box was and continues to be a very old basic no frills model. One that we have previously received a credit for every month to offset the 'rental' cost. 

Other providers are beginning to look more and more appealing at this point. It's only the hassle of trying to teach my family how to set up and use a Roku box for a different service that's stopping me at this point and with how frustrated I've become by these issues being ignored that hassle is looking less and less annoying.

So how about it? An answer to both of these with a clear resolution that is satisfactory would be great.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No reply here either, huh? Good to see this company living up to it's lowly reputation. Fix my On Demand (or give me a $40-50 a month credit till it's fixed) AND take this $5 "DVR" box charge (for a "DVR" we don't even have) off our bill .