Community Forum

Being Charged for Unreturned Equipment

Highlighted
New Poster

Being Charged for Unreturned Equipment

Hi,

I am being charged for unreturned equipment on my bill.

Recently, I moved to a new apartment. In my new apartment, I had to set up my own Comcast account. At my old apartment, Comcast was offered through the apartment. When I moved out, the apartment leasing office told me I can leave the equipment with them. I thought that was okay since the billing was through the apartment. How do we remediate this situation? What steps must be taken?

Expert

Re: Being Charged for Unreturned Equipment

@IAmTed wrote:

Hi,

I am being charged for unreturned equipment on my bill.

Recently, I moved to a new apartment. In my new apartment, I had to set up my own Comcast account. At my old apartment, Comcast was offered through the apartment. When I moved out, the apartment leasing office told me I can leave the equipment with them. I thought that was okay since the billing was through the apartment. How do we remediate this situation? What steps must be taken?

At your other apartment did the leasing office give you the Comcast equipment or did you pick it up from a Comcast store or was it delivered to you either through the mail or by a technician?  If the leasing office did not give you the equipment, then you shouldn't have left it with them.  You will need to contact the leasing office to find out where the equipment is, and if they [hopefully] still have it, return to the office to pick it up and return it to Comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

A technician came to set it up. I will contact the previous apartment. I appreciate your fast reply! Thank you for your help.

Expert

@IAmTed wrote:

A technician came to set it up. I will contact the previous apartment. I appreciate your fast reply! Thank you for your help.

You're quite welcome.  Good luck!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!