Community Forum

Balance was settled to -$9.45 then become $70.50 without notice. Now send to collections dept.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Balance was settled to -$9.45 then become $70.50 without notice. Now send to collections dept.

This is a case of Aug-2019 when I moved from Memphis, TN to Columbus, OH.

Comcast charged me $70.50 for early termination of services, which later settled down because services can not be transferred to Columbus, OH as comcast does not provide services in state Ohio. And I got settelment letter on new columbus address as well in Sept-2019 (attached). New balance was -$9.45 (refer screenshot) and I did not followed-up for my $9.45. Today (03/19/2020) I came to know that collections account is opened and it bring down my credit score by 47 points. Reason: as per customer representative, comcast changed its decision and did not informed me. Now I have to pay same amount $70.50. I am looking for gentleman in comcast who can correct these mistakes and remove my collections account. Big question is why I was not informed if comcast changed its decision. $70.50 is not that big amount however maintaining trust is big challenge. Screen Shot - Bill Analysis.pngLetter-Comcast.jpg

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Balance was settled to -$9.45 then become $70.50 without notice. Now send to collections dept.

Hi u/aaporwal, 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'd be happy to investigate and see how I can help make this right. To get started, please send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!