Community Forum

BILLING ISSUE/COLLECTIONS

Regular Visitor

BILLING ISSUE/COLLECTIONS

I had an account with xfinity, which was closed. We move out of 421 property before December 19, 2016. I was told that once I returned the equipment my account would be cleared and the bill will be at $0.00. I returned all the equipment, then my account was sent to the comcast/xfinity collection department for the amount of $143.50. I cannot be billed for the time that I was not using your services. I called to dispute and I called and called and called and the number provided you will wait for a long period of time and then it would hang up. I called customer service and was given another number and you would waits hours and no one would pick up. I advised customer service and a note should have been added but no one returned my call. Instead of contacting me to resolve the discrepancy your company does not call or send me a letter to my address to discuss the issue at hand. You sold the account/debt to a collection agencies. Who harass me for a debt that I am not liable for. I would really hope we can resolve this matter ASAP.

Please advise who or what department do I need to contact? The collection company states to contact Comcast/Xfinity but I cannot reach anyone.

I already hired an attorney to help me dispute the debt on my credit report since it is affecting me. A few of my credit cards lowered my credit limit and one closed my account even though I have perfect credit history and I paid the balance off.

I am stressed over this matter and I hope to have a manager contact me to fix the problem within 10 days. If I do not hear from you within that time, I will have no choice but to hire an attorney to sue your company after all the issues you have caused me for a debt that is an error on your part.

I hope to hear from someone ASAP.

New Poster

Re: BILLING ISSUE/COLLECTIONS

Same problem!!!

New Poster

SAME. Im about this close to asking my lawyer about a class action lawsuit.

I have records of my cancellation and they are trying to steal from me and likely thousands of others while letting their overworked reps deal with the backlash!

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We appreciate you using the Xfinity Forums to bring this to our attention. This is not the experience we want for our customers. We would be more than happy to help review your accounts and see how we can make things right. Please send a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a Private Message, click on "Comcast_Support” and then click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!