Community Forum

Auto Pay and EcoBill Discount

New Poster

Auto Pay and EcoBill Discount

I just signed up for xfinity internet services today and I'm already highly disappointed with the service and I'm a new customer not even an hour into having an account! I was told by two service reps while selecting my internet package that by signing up for auto pay and EcoBill that my monthly payments would be discounted $10 per month. I happily signed up for both and low and behold now the discount no longer exist. I've called back and stated to the next service rep that this is what I was told and this is what should be reflected in my account but it's not. I was told I can't be helped. Waiting for a call back now but I am also waiting for a call back from two days ago and from earlier today when the calls where dropped. I guess I'll be waiting days for that call back as well.

If someone can help get the discount I was promised posted to my account it would be greatly appreciated.
Problem Solver

Re: Auto Pay and EcoBill Discount

Hello green_ranger,

I apologize for the confusion with this issue. When the service representatives were stating you would receive a $10.00 discount for signing up for Eco-Bill and Autopay, they did not clarify that this was already represented in the $29.99 a month pricing that was offered to you. The standard pricing for this promotion for Performance Internet is $39.99 a month. There is no way to give you this same level of internet for any cheaper than the $29.99 a month that you ordered. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free tor each back out to me.

New Poster

ComcastCurtiss

I understand your message. Nevertheless, I am only bringing this up because I made sure to confirm multiple times (with two employees) prior to signing up for the services that if I did so I would receive the discount.

I am only asking that your company honor the promise they made me. Both the first and second service rep both told me that the service would be reduced $10 below the advertised price of $29.99 to $19.99 with enrollment in both autopay and EcoBill. I didn't even know about he discount until I was told about it. And now that I was promised the discount I am confused why it is now not being honored.

It is not my responsibility to fact check your fellow employees I am however obligated to hold your company to the promises they make. I was told the discount applied and would be applied. I was never told it was already included in the advertised price, I also upon reading the prices and other info fine print asked while on the phone about the restrictions and complete details of the plan and I wasn't alerted at that point either. I can only image that this is a unique case were your party misrepresented information to a customer. I shouldn't be pentalized for the misrepresentation of information. It needs to be honored.

Please apply the discount to my account.
Regular Contributor

ComcastCurtiss:

"When the service representatives were stating you would receive a $10.00 discount for signing up for Eco-Bill and Autopay, they did not clarify that this was already represented in the $29.99 a month pricing that was offered to you. The standard pricing for this promotion for Performance Internet is $39.99 a month."

Explain to me again how this is not a billing fee.

You advertise the $29.99.

You advertise the $10.00 discount.

Then you say if you don't have the discount it's $39.99.

It's the false advertising bait-and-switch that Comcast does so well.

New Poster

So let me get this straight. Comcast advertises the package for $29.99 ASSUMING the customer will accept the discount? And I'm assuming of course that the Comcast rep discloses that the autopay/ecobill discount is "built in" to the base charge? Or perhaps they're just hoping no one will call them on it? This is why so many despise Comcast, shady advertising and billing practices like this. It's not any one low-level employee's fault, but you have to understand how ambiguous and shady these practices seem and how customers will view such practices right?

New Poster

Hello.I am going through the same thing but I was NEVER told about eco bill or auto pay and now I have been charged an extra $25 for this month's bill.They wouldn't allow me to even listen to my recorded conversation with the agent who signed me up to prove my point.Rude and unwavering ,the agent would not remove the $25 even when I signed up for auto pay and eco bill.Poor customer service.She said that her supervisor would listen to the recording but that I would never be allowed to listen to it.How convenient! I have emailed Tom,K.,the president,concerning this.

New Poster

I TOTALLY agree!!!!

Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [spamming the forum with the same post]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

$19.998$10.00 for box, we agree too get $1o.00take off bill,bill will be $24.99 a month.

Official Employee