Community Forum

Account management.

Highlighted
Contributor

Account management.

Why am I not able to use my correct address for the service I’m receiving from XFINITY. They apparently want to be the address police, because I have put in three request to change the address to my current address on my Colorado state issued drivers license. I have been unable to get Comcast to change it though. So when I signed up September 14th if 2018 and contacted XFINITY they said they would have to put in a request and it could take up to a month for them to reach a decision but I was starting school online at Full Sail University online on September 24th and am required to have a high speed connection available to me full time to complete my courses. I talked with my neighbor who had previously had XFINITY but when her roommate moved out took it with him and she said just use my unit then, so I did and they came out and installed it for $99. Well my friend is no longer a friend or tenant there . It has caused many issues. Why is it so hard for them to just use the address I provide. They claim that the post office doesn’t have it on file but I took in the change of address form to a XFINITY store and showed them yet they said they couldn’t change it in the store and put an my fourth request. Who can fix this. Century link has an amazing deal going on right now offering gig speed internet service with free professional installation and a free modem for just $65 a month. The only reason I haven’t switched yet is I guess the WiFi hotspots which I use for my google voice phone number I use for my phone but I guess with the money I would save from the 250$ I pay now I could sign up for metro pcs for $60 and get prime included and wouldn’t even need tv.

Official Employee

Re: Account management.

Hello, TwiztedSystem. I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns and I can absolutely help get your address corrected. I see you have already sent me a PM and I will follow up with you there. However, please keep in mind that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. Please be sure to wait for an invitation to Private Message someone before doing so. You can read more about our guidelines here.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

A copy of my lease, that is none of your business and should not be a requirement to have the address that is on my state issued identification used for my service!

Official Employee

TwiztedSystem, I have responded to your private message, and I look forward to carrying on this conversation there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Then we do you put this at the end of your post 

But out yet in your same post you say private message

Official Employee

TwiztedSystem, I definitely understand your concerns. We work with customers in private to protect their personal information. If you would like further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue with you in private. 

Contributor

I’m not submitting a copy of my lease if that’s the only only way you can help I’m not interested.

Contributor

So Xfinity is unwilling to correct my address without a copy of my lease, without correction of the address they will not reship the iPad ordered in nov that I'm still paying $5 a month for that someone else signed for and received. This is absolutely unacceptable.