Community Forum

AFNI debt

Regular Visitor

AFNI debt

@ComcastJoeTru

Hey, I saw your comments on a similar post. I recently received a notification from the credit bureaus that a collection agency called AFNI is trying to collect a past due balance fo $146 owed to Comcast. I have not been able to pull up a bill on my account. Before I make a payment I'd like to know what the balance is for. Is it an unpaid balance, or unreturned equipment? It's been over 3 years that I've had service with Comcast and would like to get clarity on that. 

Also, to whom do I make the payment? I need this collection agency completely removed from my credit reports. I see that I still have the option to pay Comcast, by paying Comcast will you all request AFNI to seize collections and to no longer report the debt? If that is correct I'd like to get that in writing via letter. As I said earlier, I haven't received any communication or bills from Comcast attempting to collect any balances owed, so I'd like to know what exactly the $146 is for, and the possibility to have this trade line removed from my reports. 

Thank You

Regular Visitor

Re: AFNI debt

Is anyone else able to respond and advise on this issue?

Official Employee

Re: AFNI debt

nickdasilvaa wrote: Is anyone else able to respond and advise on this issue?

Hello and thank you for creating a post, I replied to your private message please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!