Community Forum

A forever (16+ years) Comcast subscriber that would love remain Comcast

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

A forever (16+ years) Comcast subscriber that would love remain Comcast

My promotional rate has expired and with Covid causing a loss of income, it's impossible to remain with the Comcast family at the new rate. Is there someone I can chat with and perhaps continue with the current or similar setup?  
Kindest regards.
Joe
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: A forever (16+ years) Comcast subscriber that would love remain Comcast

Hi @joefff

We're sorry to know your income has been affected and would be happy to help review your options for packages that will help lower your rate. I noticed that you've been assisted with a repackage already, but there was a new promotion that just rolled out that you may be available for, and I wanted to know if you were interested in taking advantage of the additional savings. Please reply to my private message and let me know how you'd like to proceed. I look forward to chatting with you!  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am in the same boat and need to get my bill to a more manageable rate.  Who should I contact? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastChe. Thankyou for replying. Yes, you are correct - I repackaged last week but am interested in the new offer. Please reply witht eh details.

v/r

Joe

Highlighted
Expert

@joefff wrote:

Hi ComcastChe. Thankyou for replying. Yes, you are correct - I repackaged last week but am interested in the new offer. Please reply witht eh details.

v/r

Joe

You need to send @ComcastChe a private message if you haven't already done so.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I did. Thanks.

Joe

Highlighted
Contributor

Amazing. You got a response from a Comcast employee.

My income went down too. In fact, it went to zero since my industry has been comepletely shut down and won't be running anytme soon. I have been off since the middle of March and am self employeyed, and thus far have not been able to collect unemployment, despite the fact they have made provision for the self employed to collect unempoyment due to the pandemic. It still hasn't happened for me. So, zero income, and I still need internet for my business, since I still need to be able to work, even if I don't get paid, but a huge increase, and I can get no one on the phone, so I tried here, on April 17, before my promotion ended. No response. I tried again later. No response. I tried again. No response. I tried four times. No response. I posted one more time for a total of five. No response.

Tomorrow morning the other company installs my new internet. It would have been nice to have been valued enough as a customer to have actually been acknowledged. I was a loyal customer, and would have stayed with Comcast for many more years. That is how I am as a customer, loyal. It takes a lot for me to switch. This time it would have been even easier than normal to keep me as a customer, since in order to hook up the new service, I had to install a new outlet near the instalation, and to do that I had to add a breaker to the service panel and run a new circuit. I did that yesterday. Thankfully I could do that myself. I also had to run an ethernet wire from the basement to the livingroom. I did that today, once again, I did it myself.  I would rather have simply stayed with Comcast, it would have been easier. 

What is telling, is that in a matter of seconds, I got a response from a rep from that company on their site. In less than a week, they were able to take my order, schedule the install, send a company to pull the old copper wire and install a fibre optic wire. They found the old wire would not come out, so they called and had the various utilities come out to mark their lines, and they all managed to do that, and then today, they buried the new line. Tomorrow they install the service. As long as all goes well, I will then cancel Comcast. 

In over a month and a half, I couldn't even get a response from anyone at Comcast. Not even a response. 

Interestingly, but not surprisingly, the workers who put the line in, a service that also put in my new Comcast line a couple of years ago when there was a problem, told me they are seeing a lot of people leaving Comcast, and are hearing the same complaints I have, raising rates, and not being able to get help from customer service. It is really sad. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @joefff

It was great chatting with you while finding a cheaper package for your internet speeds. Please reach out to us if you need anything in the future! Thanks for being a loyal Comcast customer, take care! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU ComcastChe!

You (and the Comcast Team) really delivered!

If I ever have questions, I'll reach out to you andor other Comcast agents on Reddit, FB or Twitter.

Thanks again for the support!!!