Community Forum

$70 technician fee to fix Comcast hardware

Regular Visitor

$70 technician fee to fix Comcast hardware

In April, I chatted w/ Xfinity customer service to troubleshoot an issue with my internet service. After testing on their end, the CSR determined that there was an issue with my service and that a technician needed to be dispatched to fix. The CSR scheduled a technician to come out and did not say that I would incur a charge for the visit.

The technician arrived and concluded that the issue was with a faulty Comcast cable run and splitter, both outside of my residence. They replaced the splitter and fixed the cable.

As a result of this work, I received a $70 charge on my bill for this service call. I just chatted with a rep today about having this fee removed due to Comcast provided equipment being the root cause. The CSR absolutely would not hear of it.

This response is entirely unacceptable to me. As a result, I plan on looking at other internet providers and canceling my service as a result.

I wanted other customers or potential customers to know of my experience.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: $70 technician fee to fix Comcast hardware

Hello tete, I know your time is valuable and I really appreciate you taking a moment out of your busy day to reach out with your billing concerns. I understand how frustrating it can be to be promised something and it not fall through. I would like to take a look at this for you to see what we can do to get this fee removed, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!