Community Forum

$70 residential trouble call fee

Highlighted
New Poster

$70 residential trouble call fee

I changed my internet plan from speed 250 mbps to 300mbps because it was giving me a better deal. After switching, I noticed that the internet speed slowed down. I called a representative and tested our internet speed which was only pulling speed up to 40mbps. I was referred to a technician and had schedule an appointment. This $70 fee was not mentioned at all during my call and why am I being charged for something that was not my fault?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: $70 residential trouble call fee

@Ralph327 wrote:
I changed my internet plan from speed 250 mbps to 300mbps because it was giving me a better deal. After switching, I noticed that the internet speed slowed down. I called a representative and tested our internet speed which was only pulling speed up to 40mbps. I was referred to a technician and had schedule an appointment. This $70 fee was not mentioned at all during my call and why am I being charged for something that was not my fault?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

The $70 fee has been credited to your account today.  Thanks for your patience and thanks for choosing Comcast.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!