Community Forum

$70 Residential trouble call fee

New Poster

$70 Residential trouble call fee

Hello, on December first our internet was cutting out like crazy. We called comcast support and tried restarting our router and modem and everything else before they offered to schedule an appoitment with a technician. There was no mention of a charge or fee for having a technician come. Eventually the Technician came and did not even enter the house. He said that everything looked fine on comcast's end and that we would either need to rent a router if we wanted help or purchase a new one if ours was not working. 

I'm very upset that not only did we not recieve help at the time but we were cahrged  a fee which the customer support member who assisted us over the phone told us nothing about upon scheduling a technician. Not only this but he didn't even do anything.

New Poster

Re: $70 Residential trouble call fee

Still no response, this is simply unacceptable. The "residential trouble call" was a joke and no warning was given from customer support that this would cost money.

Official Employee

Hello Duncan12345, thanks for reaching out about this Trouble Call fee concern! A service visit fee will apply for problems that are not caused by the Comcast outside plant or network, Xfinity services, or any equipment rented to the customer by Comcast. I can further look into this for you! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@Duncan12345, I never received a Private Message or heard back from you, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a Private Message if you still need assistance with your trouble-call fee concern. If you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, please create a new Public post. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!