Community Forum

$70 Residential Fee Added To Bill

Highlighted
New Poster

$70 Residential Fee Added To Bill

On March 18, 2020 a technician came out to check on our Xfinity internet connection.  We were not receiving any internet on our modem and the issue was because our internet coaxle cable had been cut.  A tree branch fell on our power line, and the city had to shut down power to our house.  To fix the issue the electricians had to move the main power breakers from one side of our house to another in order to comply with Oakland city code - and in doing so the electricians mistakenly cut our power.  When the technician came to fix our internet he installed a new power line.  However I received no notice that there was going to be a charge, and now it just showed up on my most recent bill as "residential trouble call".  

So apparently Xfinity charges you for issues that aren't the customers fault when they have to send a technician it.  Can this be changed?  I have automatic payments set up so I'm not late with a bill, been a loyal customer since 2016, and even upgraded my internet package.  This "residential trouble call issue" seems like a cheap and crooked way to get extra money ($70 plus the taxes comes very close to my regular monthly charge ON TOP of my monthly charge)  from loyal customers ESPECIALLY during this panemic when most people, myself included, are working reduced hours or not working at all.  What a terrible business practice.