Community Forum

$70 In-home service visit fee

New Poster

$70 In-home service visit fee

Had issues with one of our boxes and the techinician over the phone tried all they could do to troubleshoot with no luck. They recommended going and exchanging the boxes, which I did. New box same problem. Called Comcast out and was told "The wiring is a mess and I cannot figure it out so I am going to give you the new wireless boxes.:" Well those boxes are complete junk and now instead of one box not working the two wireless boxes barely worked and my other two boxes now had issues. Two more service calls and no fixes. So I would start watching a show or movie only to have the system freeze after a few minutes. New tech came out yesterday and installed the wired boxes like we previously had and after more research found that there is a low signal coming to the box outside and they would need to get a wire technician out to find out where up the line the issue lies. Well at least my TVs have been working for the past 24 hours. 

I call up Comcast to fight the $70 charge that was in the end caused by something outside and part of the Comcast cabling but am being told no luck you gotta pay the $70 because the tech wrote this up as an in house issue. I am looking to get the $70 fee credited and one other customer service rep said it would be and the past month of almost no service credited. Anyone have a back number I can call to get a supervisor or someone that can help? 

New Poster

Re: $70 In-home service visit fee

And another call today and no one can do a thing for me. They promise they have now posted a credit but it will not hit my account until next month, same thing they said previously. Also for my month of service that froze after watching TV for about 30-60 minutes they would be happy to credit me $17. Hmm my monthly bill is about $300 so yeah that seems like a great deal!