Community Forum

$70 In-home service visit charge

Highlighted
New Poster

$70 In-home service visit charge

I was charged $70 for an in-home service visit on my last bill. When troubleshooting over the phone prior to scheduling the appointment, there was no mention of the potential charge. My TV hadn't worked for a while but I mostly stream TV anyway, other than during sports season. The technician was great. He diagnosed the problem as a dead coax cable and gave me my options, one of which was purchasing a Roku device and streaming my TV, which I have since done. He was at my home for less than 20 minutes. 

This charge is absolutely ridiculous and I would never have agreed to the service appointment had anyone mentioned the potential charge, or more specifically if the amount for the potential charge was mentioned. 

The poor customer service for Xfinity/Comcast has been a long-running joke, and with superfluous charges like this, it's easy to see why. Up until this point I had not had that kind of experience. I would like to speak to someone who will be able to credit my account for the charge, as it has already been paid thanks to automatic billing. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: $70 In-home service visit charge

yep... exact same thing happened to me. Just got off the phone with them and was told there is nothing they can do because the billing cycle was already passed. absolutely ridiculous that they can just charge any amount, without our consent or approval, for work that was not approved. this could be a last straw for me... 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: $70 In-home service visit charge

@jmw10j  @KDACE99 Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  The problem was the outside line, tech needed to replace a part.  No one told me I'd be charged $70 to fix their own equipment.  Only found out when I received the bill last week.  Called and the rep argued with me that they should be able to charge to fix their own equipment.  Almost gave up but gave it one last try tonight.  Messaged Xfinity through their Facebook page.  The rep said he is giving me a $70 credit as well as an $11 credit for having to use additional data on my cell phone while my internet was down (almost a week).  I would recommend trying that avenue to get a refund!  They seem more interested in helping and making their customers happy than calling on the phone.  Good luck!