Community Forum

$60 installation fee

New Poster

$60 installation fee

Back in December we picked up a self install kit.  We have worked within the cable industry and know how to install it.  After installation we still could not get service we called and requested for a techinician to be sent out because something had to be wrong with the equipment.  The connections were correct.  They told us if it was user error they would charge us.  We knew it wasnt user error so we asked for the tech to be sent out.  The technician came out and confirmed that the box for 1 of the rooms was deffective, therefore, it would have never worked and they failed to include a filter.  He did not give me a work order and he told me there would not be a charge because the box they gave me was broken.  When the bill came I saw that they had gone ahead and charged me for the installation.  I've called customer service numerous times and they just keep passing me around.  Even a request for a supervisor or manager goes unanswered.  I would like a credit for the $60 so that i can pay my bill.  This cable is expensive enough without additional charges that I didn't incur or that aren't justifiable.  Hoping for the best!

Expert

Re: $60 installation fee

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: $60 installation fee

Hello yesenia-ramiez1, unfortunately this fee is valid due to us having to send a tech out to activate your services. Anytime a self install kit does not work (your fault or not), and we have to send a tech there is an install fee associated with the tech visit.