Community Forum

$60 charge for technician visit

Highlighted
New Poster

$60 charge for technician visit

Last month, I was working from home and all of a sudden lost my internet. I called comcast and explained that my internet is not working and I had important meeting to attend. They worked with me resetting modem etc and finally said they will send technician. I had to rush to my office to finish rest of my meetings and finish my work and scheduled technician's visit for the evening. It was a hectic day to say the least. I was never told  that there will be a $60 charge for the visit by rep on the phone or by technician when he arrived.  this month, to my surprise, I have  received invoice with one time additional $60 charge. I have called today and the customer rep stated that these visits are always chargable and technician noted that there was an issue with modem. I still have the same modem in working condition so I know it was not a modem issue or any issue inside home.  As a matter of fact, the technician have suggested me that I should call customer service and ask for reimbursement because my internet was intermittent. The customer rep today told me that they are going to investigate the call details of that day and get back to me in 5 business days. Has any one ever experienced this? how did you resolve this billing conflict? I am getting frustrated with intermittent connection issues already and now getting more annoyed with this unexpcted, uninformed service charge. Time to look for another provider? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: $60 charge for technician visit

Hello, sej71 - 

Thank you for reaching out here. I understand your concern, and I'm sorry to hear that the charge was not disclosed. I'd like to have the opportunity to review the account further with you and check out what was repaired during the visit. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!