Community Forum

$60 Technician Fee

New Poster

$60 Technician Fee

We are being billed for a $60 Technician Fee for a "Failed SIK Install", after being guaranteed multiple times that if the fault was not ours and the equipment was installed correctly, the $60 fee would be waived. (The SIK was installed correctly, as determined over the phone by mutiple agents and by a Comcast technician.) When we visited my local Comcast store, they submitted a ticket (046429845, originating from the Augusta, GA location), and on the 29th of May, we were credited $60.

Today we received a notification that we are again being billed for the $60 fee. This has become a major inconvenience and my family and I have spent an extraordinary amount of time trying to resolve this issue - issue that is not even our fault and would not have happened if we would have been given correct information in the very beginning by several different Comcast agents.

Official Employee

Re: $60 Technician Fee

Hello bc30901. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and creating your first post! We're glad you're here.

It is true that if you attempt a self install, and fail to properly activate your service, and a tech visit is needed, there will be a failed self install charge assessed. This should have been communicated to you prior to scheduling the tech visit.

I can assist with reviewing your account and the fee you were charged for the technician visit. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.