Community Forum

$60 In-home Service Visit Charge for Work Done Outside of My Home

New Poster

$60 In-home Service Visit Charge for Work Done Outside of My Home

My most recent Comcast bill included a $60 In-Home Service Visit Charge for work that addressed an issue with the cable outside of my home that had been causing problems with our internet connection. I just got off of the phone with a Comcast customer service representative who told me that customers are responsible for a $60 charge anytime someone comes to your house to address a problem, regardless of whether that problem was in the home or outside and pertained to Comcast's network. The customer service representative agreed to waive $20 of the $60 fee because of "miscommunication," but would not budge on the in-home service visit charge itself. Is Comcast really not responsible for maintaining it's own network? Do I, as a customer, have to pay $60 anytime that Comcast has to fix issues with its own cables and network? I appreciate that the customer service representative was willing to waive part of the fee, but I would like to be credited for the entire $60 fee as I don't see how I should be held accountable for Comcast maintaining (or not maintaining) it's own network. I would like to get in touch with someone at Comcast who can help me with this issue. 

New Poster

Re: $60 In-home Service Visit Charge for Work Done Outside of My Home

I'd appreciate a response from someone at Comcat. Thank you.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum, sckamen! If the issue was caused by our equipment/outside wiring - you shouldn't be charged. I can check your account if you private message me your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@sckamen - I credited your account and provided an updated balance. Please feel free to reach me at any time. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!