Community Forum

24 month agreement

Regular Visitor

24 month agreement

I am 12 months into a 24 month agreement, my monthy fee increased by $20.  Why would this be?

Contributor

Re: 24 month agreement

I was just in a comcast office looking to ask about the contract to get a discount and they said they don't do those anymore. Dropped one service off my plan and am saving much more. 

Contributor

I hope Comcast gives a public explanation for this question or that once an answer is specified, you will return to enlighten us all. If nothing has changed (i.e., premium channels sometimes end at 12 months), your bill should not increase. It is the reason you sign a contract, and legally, it cannot work one way.

I am interested in reading the reason for your increase as I was considering a 24-month contract. It is now nearly impossible to negotiate a fair deal with the company presently. In the past, Comcast would work with you. But after my most recent contract ended, they stood firm and would not offer any discount. I do not expect prices to stay the same, but after 20 years of loyalty, the corporation (in my opinion) should treat you better than new customers (who very well may jump ship after the year for better rates with a competitor).

Frequent Visitor

I too would like to see an answer for this.

Contributor

I was in the store yesterday, which had a long wait with just a few people waiting.  My bill had gone up over $30 because my 2 year plan ran out this month.  In our conversation, I tried to explain to him that my bill was originally $207 but for some reason had gone up already $30 and then it went up again another $30 in my bill for November.  He told me that some promotions give you 12 months at a certain price including premium channels and then go up to the full price for the next 12 months even with the 24 month contract.  I have been a customer since the beginning of Comcast and I have never heard that before.  I have read the fine print of AT&T's promotions and that is what they do.  The other thing I learned is that bundles are gone.  You are charged for each service.  They still want you to sign a 2 yr contract to get a discount.  But you get nothing for doing it: no premium channels, no streampix, no dvr, no free tv box, etc. 

I am going to go through my channels to try to determine what I am watching.  I record enough channels on my dvr to have enough programming to watch.  I may use PPV or Netflix for movies or just get HBO.  They have made it cost-prohibitive to have all the premium channels.  I will miss being able to see what is on my channels rather than the message telling me I have to subscribe to see it.  It's ridiculous that you can't delete channels from your account that you cannot see anyway.

I picked up a new modem and a new tv box.  But after I install them, I have to wait in that store for a long time just to return the old equipment.  Even when your modem is slow and you have to reset it, they do not send you another one automatically.

Comcast is all about making more money.  They have no incentive to keep your bill down so you can forget about that.  Most likely they put the primary services in the 2 year contract, and all the other things at the bottom now so that while you are in the contract they can raise the prices of everything else.  This bill creep is inflation to the consumer that we do not want.  I was satisfied with my original bundle.  Capitalism does not care about the consumer at all.  The wealthy have so much money they do not look at their bills.  Sticking with Comcast is only a convenience and being lazy on my part.   I am going to keep looking for promotions, may switch to another provider, and I'm going to see what the price is by calling Comcast and saying "cancel my service".